Hellocomputer and PSFA are Feeding Hungry Children Using Social Media
For more than 55 years, the Peninsula School Feeding Association (PSFA) has been providing meals to hungry children in schools across the Western Cape Province of South Africa. In an effort to expand to more schools, Hellocomputer worked with PSFA to create the Social Feed initiative.
Social Feed is a social media platform that converts a brand’s media budget into a funding source for PSFA. A brand buys media, or places an ad they want shared on Social Feed. Visitors to the Social Feed website can then share the ad to their Facebook or Twitter pages. Every time someone shares content, a meal is shared with a child.
Some of South Africa’s biggest brands, such as Lucky Star and Investec Asset Management have purchased media on Social Feed. To date more than 1,000 meals have been donated.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019