Hellocomputer and PSFA are Feeding Hungry Children Using Social Media
For more than 55 years, the Peninsula School Feeding Association (PSFA) has been providing meals to hungry children in schools across the Western Cape Province of South Africa. In an effort to expand to more schools, Hellocomputer worked with PSFA to create the Social Feed initiative.
Social Feed is a social media platform that converts a brand’s media budget into a funding source for PSFA. A brand buys media, or places an ad they want shared on Social Feed. Visitors to the Social Feed website can then share the ad to their Facebook or Twitter pages. Every time someone shares content, a meal is shared with a child.
Some of South Africa’s biggest brands, such as Lucky Star and Investec Asset Management have purchased media on Social Feed. To date more than 1,000 meals have been donated.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019