Hellocomputer and PSFA are Feeding Hungry Children Using Social Media
For more than 55 years, the Peninsula School Feeding Association (PSFA) has been providing meals to hungry children in schools across the Western Cape Province of South Africa. In an effort to expand to more schools, Hellocomputer worked with PSFA to create the Social Feed initiative.
Social Feed is a social media platform that converts a brand’s media budget into a funding source for PSFA. A brand buys media, or places an ad they want shared on Social Feed. Visitors to the Social Feed website can then share the ad to their Facebook or Twitter pages. Every time someone shares content, a meal is shared with a child.
Some of South Africa’s biggest brands, such as Lucky Star and Investec Asset Management have purchased media on Social Feed. To date more than 1,000 meals have been donated.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019