Hellocomputer and PSFA are Feeding Hungry Children Using Social Media
For more than 55 years, the Peninsula School Feeding Association (PSFA) has been providing meals to hungry children in schools across the Western Cape Province of South Africa. In an effort to expand to more schools, Hellocomputer worked with PSFA to create the Social Feed initiative.
Social Feed is a social media platform that converts a brand’s media budget into a funding source for PSFA. A brand buys media, or places an ad they want shared on Social Feed. Visitors to the Social Feed website can then share the ad to their Facebook or Twitter pages. Every time someone shares content, a meal is shared with a child.
Some of South Africa’s biggest brands, such as Lucky Star and Investec Asset Management have purchased media on Social Feed. To date more than 1,000 meals have been donated.
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019