Hellocomputer and PSFA are Feeding Hungry Children Using Social Media
For more than 55 years, the Peninsula School Feeding Association (PSFA) has been providing meals to hungry children in schools across the Western Cape Province of South Africa. In an effort to expand to more schools, Hellocomputer worked with PSFA to create the Social Feed initiative.
Social Feed is a social media platform that converts a brand’s media budget into a funding source for PSFA. A brand buys media, or places an ad they want shared on Social Feed. Visitors to the Social Feed website can then share the ad to their Facebook or Twitter pages. Every time someone shares content, a meal is shared with a child.
Some of South Africa’s biggest brands, such as Lucky Star and Investec Asset Management have purchased media on Social Feed. To date more than 1,000 meals have been donated.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018