Lowe Lintas and Lifebuoy Help Children Reach Their Fifth Birthday
Lowe Lintas and Unilever’s Lifebuoy soap teamed up to create an awareness campaign around a global movement to teach good hand-washing habits. Each year, in India, over two million children die before their 5th birthday due to infections that can be prevented by simple hand washing with soap. The campaign was launched with a groundbreaking, 3-minute film, created by Lowe Lintas, that tells the moving story of a father’s celebration of his son reaching the age of five.
Thesgora, India has one of the highest incidences of diarrhea among children, and is the first village supported by this campaign. Since the implementation in 2013, mothers in Thesgora stated that diarrhea incidences fell from 36% to 5% in children under 5 years of age, as soap use went up from one to three times a day. Lifebuoy worked directly with school children, neonatal moms and community groups to encourage hand washing with soap at key occasions—before eating, after using the toilet and when bathing. Additionally, to date, 356,093 children have been reached through donations. Every time the film is shared, Lifebuoy donates 1 Indian Rupee.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018