Lowe Lintas and Lifebuoy Help Children Reach Their Fifth Birthday
Lowe Lintas and Unilever’s Lifebuoy soap teamed up to create an awareness campaign around a global movement to teach good hand-washing habits. Each year, in India, over two million children die before their 5th birthday due to infections that can be prevented by simple hand washing with soap. The campaign was launched with a groundbreaking, 3-minute film, created by Lowe Lintas, that tells the moving story of a father’s celebration of his son reaching the age of five.
Thesgora, India has one of the highest incidences of diarrhea among children, and is the first village supported by this campaign. Since the implementation in 2013, mothers in Thesgora stated that diarrhea incidences fell from 36% to 5% in children under 5 years of age, as soap use went up from one to three times a day. Lifebuoy worked directly with school children, neonatal moms and community groups to encourage hand washing with soap at key occasions—before eating, after using the toilet and when bathing. Additionally, to date, 356,093 children have been reached through donations. Every time the film is shared, Lifebuoy donates 1 Indian Rupee.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019