Golin Provides PR Support for “Gay Sweater’s” Fashion Week Debut
Golin worked with The Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity (CCGSD) to provide PR support for the launch of the world’s first and only “gay” object” – a sweater knit from the donated hair of more than 100 LGBT people which had its debut during Toronto Fashion Week.
The “Gay Sweater” was created to communicate that it is incorrect and offensive to use language like “that’s so gay” as a negative descriptor. #TheGaySweater also aims to raise awareness of the detrimental effects that such misuse of the word gay has on LGBT youth.
Along with the sweater, a short film gives voice to youth who have been impacted by the derogatory use of the word ‘gay’ and showcases the process that went into creating the one-of-a-kind sweater. Readers can follow that conversation and all sweater-related content on the website and by searching the hashtag #TheGaySweater.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019