Golin Provides PR Support for “Gay Sweater’s” Fashion Week Debut
Golin worked with The Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity (CCGSD) to provide PR support for the launch of the world’s first and only “gay” object” – a sweater knit from the donated hair of more than 100 LGBT people which had its debut during Toronto Fashion Week.
The “Gay Sweater” was created to communicate that it is incorrect and offensive to use language like “that’s so gay” as a negative descriptor. #TheGaySweater also aims to raise awareness of the detrimental effects that such misuse of the word gay has on LGBT youth.
Along with the sweater, a short film gives voice to youth who have been impacted by the derogatory use of the word ‘gay’ and showcases the process that went into creating the one-of-a-kind sweater. Readers can follow that conversation and all sweater-related content on the website and by searching the hashtag #TheGaySweater.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018