IPG Mediabrands APAC and NEA Fight Dengue Fever in Singapore
Dengue, a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus, saw an alarming rise in 2014. From a seemingly low rate of infection, Singapore saw an exponential rise to a record high of 891 cases in a week – the highest ever number of cases.
IPG Mediabrands APAC worked with The National Environment Agency (NEA) to develop a campaign to spread awareness and motivate immediate action for dengue prevention. The team set out to go beyond awareness to activation — aiming to bring dengue infections down in just over 12 weeks.
TV spots and print ads featured real-life dengue volunteers, who shared why and who they were fighting for, and invited more to join the fight against dengue. Mediabrands also created a campaign device called the Red Dengue Pin-drop, to spotlight outbreak areas.
Marketing activation, community outreach, volunteer efforts and work from the NEA began to pay off. By the 8th week of the campaign, dengue rates were down 50% below the peak of 891. By week 18, dengue rates fell to an all-time year low of 215.
- ADVANTAGE & HYUNDAI ARE ROLLING AGAIN WITH THE NFL ROOKIES - Published on 04/20/2018
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018