IPG Mediabrands APAC and NEA Fight Dengue Fever in Singapore
Dengue, a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus, saw an alarming rise in 2014. From a seemingly low rate of infection, Singapore saw an exponential rise to a record high of 891 cases in a week – the highest ever number of cases.
IPG Mediabrands APAC worked with The National Environment Agency (NEA) to develop a campaign to spread awareness and motivate immediate action for dengue prevention. The team set out to go beyond awareness to activation — aiming to bring dengue infections down in just over 12 weeks.
TV spots and print ads featured real-life dengue volunteers, who shared why and who they were fighting for, and invited more to join the fight against dengue. Mediabrands also created a campaign device called the Red Dengue Pin-drop, to spotlight outbreak areas.
Marketing activation, community outreach, volunteer efforts and work from the NEA began to pay off. By the 8th week of the campaign, dengue rates were down 50% below the peak of 891. By week 18, dengue rates fell to an all-time year low of 215.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019