R/GA Spreads Love Has No Labels Message to Mexico
At the invitation of the American Consulate in Guadalajara, Mexico, R/GA was invited to speak about the Love Has No Labels (LHNL) campaign. Launched earlier this year in cooperation with The Ad Council, this highly awarded and heavily viewed campaign promotes diversity, inclusion and acceptance.
The Mexican tour included four lectures as well as an appearance at a Pride street fair—all dedicated to sharing the message of diversity and inclusion. The audiences of the lectures included:
- El Diario de Colima, an audience made of up journalists
- Colima State Committee for Sexual Diversity, an audience made up of state employees representing different governmental organizations charged with promoting diversity and inclusion throughout Jalisco, Mexico
- A presentation sponsored by CLADEM, a feminist cooperative, which included guests from the Mexican prosecutors office and activists promoting the rights of disabled Mexicans
- A presentation sponsored by CODISE, an LGBT cooperative
- During a major street fair, R/GA had a booth on Avenida Chapultepec, where volunteers promoted the message of LHNL and took over 500 Polaroids of diverse couples. Each couple wrote their own personal message on the photo and the photos were then displayed publicly. Over 1200 people stopped by the booth to take photos, pick up LHNL stickers, postcards, tattoos and bumper stickers.
“Love Has No Labels” is the second most viewed social and community activism ad of all time and won more Cannes Lions than any Ad Council ad has ever won. The work won eight lions including a gold and two silvers in Direct, a silver in Outdoor, a bronze in Titanium and Integrated and three more bronzes in Cyber.
- IPGLBT Releases Spirit Day Guide for Bullying Prevention - Published on 10/17/2018
- McCann London Brings Attention to Air Pollution with ‘Toxic Toby’ - Published on 10/17/2018
- The Martin Agency, OpenTable and Virginia Tourism Create Stranger-Pairing Program - Published on 10/16/2018
- BEN Hosts Civility in America Presentation - Published on 10/12/2018
- IPG and Huge Honored by UN Foundation - Published on 10/11/2018
- Orion Hosts Hispanic Heritage Month Program - Published on 10/10/2018
- MullenLowe SSP3 and Aruba Tourism Challenge Stereotypes in Love - Published on 10/09/2018
- Acxiom Provides Unified Data Solutions - Published on 10/09/2018
- FCB Inferno Shows Dads How ‘It All Starts Here’ - Published on 10/05/2018
- Acxiom Works with Heathrow on Customer Experience - Published on 10/04/2018