McCann and Dettol Launch New Product While Driving Change
McCann Worldgroup is working with its Dettol client in India on the launch of Dettol Squeezy, a new hand soap. The campaign, “Dettol banega swachh India,” will run on digital platforms and focuses on the importance of handwashing.
“As a global leader in consumer health and hygiene, and with a history of over 150 years of innovation, we understand the extreme importance of hand hygiene and sanitation in the lives of our consumers,” commented Nitish Kapoor, Regional Director -- South Asia, RB.
“Through our wide-reaching campaign, “Dettol banega swachh India,” we aim to focus on driving behaviour change in support of the Swaach Bharat initiative launched by the government. Promoting healthy hand washing habits is the first step towards achieving our objectives and we are continuously working on other interventions. For this new campaign, we are very happy to have worked with McCann to deliver an extremely important educational message to young children and mothers in an engaging and entertaining manner.”
The film opens at a wedding where a man asks the caterer when he’ll feed people. At this point a brass band begins to play and a group of young children begin to sing about the benefits of good hygiene. They tell everyone present there that they will re-teach people the benefits of washing their hands. The film then cycles through various locations across India where we see people washing their hands before they eat, all because of the efforts of the young children. The film cuts to an animation of Dettol at work. A voiceover reiterates the germ-killing capabilities of the product.
“We are trying to create a movement for a hygienic way of living and Dettol is an iconic brand with the trust and stature to drive a movement like this,” commented Prasoon Joshi, Chairman, Asia Pacific, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, India, McCann Worldgroup. “Like all good habits, hand-washing also needs to be inculcated. One of the key insights is that whether in kids or adults, habit formation happens through repetition. And in a country of oral tradition, we have always used music as a powerful way of teaching; we have used music and singing to remind and teach people about the habit of hand-washing. The Dettol jingle is a musical way of reminding people about cleanliness. We wanted to be persuasive yet entertaining without being instructional,” he continued.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019