IPG’s Asian Heritage Group Celebrates the Dragon Boat Festival
For the second year in a row, IPG’s Asian Heritage Group will participate in The Dragon Boat Festival in New York City’s Flushing Meadows Park.
The Dragon Boat Festival, Duan Wu Jie in Chinese, is celebrated in many East Asian cultures on the fifth day of the fifth month in the lunar year. Traditionally, family and friends gather together by the river to commemorate Qu Yuan, a great patriot poet.
The tales of Qu Yuan cultivated a tradition of dragon boat racing while enjoying festive meals while also reminding participants of the importance of loyalty and commitment to the community.
This year’s Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival will be held in New York, on August 8th and 9th During the IPG AHG’s first race in 2014, the team came in third – wish them luck this year!
For more on IPG’s AHG programming, please visit http://merge.interpublic.com/asian-heritage-group-page
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019