IPG’s Asian Heritage Group Celebrates the Dragon Boat Festival
For the second year in a row, IPG’s Asian Heritage Group will participate in The Dragon Boat Festival in New York City’s Flushing Meadows Park.
The Dragon Boat Festival, Duan Wu Jie in Chinese, is celebrated in many East Asian cultures on the fifth day of the fifth month in the lunar year. Traditionally, family and friends gather together by the river to commemorate Qu Yuan, a great patriot poet.
The tales of Qu Yuan cultivated a tradition of dragon boat racing while enjoying festive meals while also reminding participants of the importance of loyalty and commitment to the community.
This year’s Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival will be held in New York, on August 8th and 9th During the IPG AHG’s first race in 2014, the team came in third – wish them luck this year!
For more on IPG’s AHG programming, please visit http://merge.interpublic.com/asian-heritage-group-page
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019