IPG’s Asian Heritage Group Celebrates the Dragon Boat Festival
For the second year in a row, IPG’s Asian Heritage Group will participate in The Dragon Boat Festival in New York City’s Flushing Meadows Park.
The Dragon Boat Festival, Duan Wu Jie in Chinese, is celebrated in many East Asian cultures on the fifth day of the fifth month in the lunar year. Traditionally, family and friends gather together by the river to commemorate Qu Yuan, a great patriot poet.
The tales of Qu Yuan cultivated a tradition of dragon boat racing while enjoying festive meals while also reminding participants of the importance of loyalty and commitment to the community.
This year’s Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival will be held in New York, on August 8th and 9th During the IPG AHG’s first race in 2014, the team came in third – wish them luck this year!
For more on IPG’s AHG programming, please visit http://merge.interpublic.com/asian-heritage-group-page
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019