IPG’s Asian Heritage Group Celebrates the Dragon Boat Festival
For the second year in a row, IPG’s Asian Heritage Group will participate in The Dragon Boat Festival in New York City’s Flushing Meadows Park.
The Dragon Boat Festival, Duan Wu Jie in Chinese, is celebrated in many East Asian cultures on the fifth day of the fifth month in the lunar year. Traditionally, family and friends gather together by the river to commemorate Qu Yuan, a great patriot poet.
The tales of Qu Yuan cultivated a tradition of dragon boat racing while enjoying festive meals while also reminding participants of the importance of loyalty and commitment to the community.
This year’s Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival will be held in New York, on August 8th and 9th During the IPG AHG’s first race in 2014, the team came in third – wish them luck this year!
For more on IPG’s AHG programming, please visit http://merge.interpublic.com/asian-heritage-group-page
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019