IPG’s Asian Heritage Group Celebrates the Dragon Boat Festival
For the second year in a row, IPG’s Asian Heritage Group will participate in The Dragon Boat Festival in New York City’s Flushing Meadows Park.
The Dragon Boat Festival, Duan Wu Jie in Chinese, is celebrated in many East Asian cultures on the fifth day of the fifth month in the lunar year. Traditionally, family and friends gather together by the river to commemorate Qu Yuan, a great patriot poet.
The tales of Qu Yuan cultivated a tradition of dragon boat racing while enjoying festive meals while also reminding participants of the importance of loyalty and commitment to the community.
This year’s Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival will be held in New York, on August 8th and 9th During the IPG AHG’s first race in 2014, the team came in third – wish them luck this year!
For more on IPG’s AHG programming, please visit http://merge.interpublic.com/asian-heritage-group-page
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018