Mullen Lowe Group “Cans Lions” to Contribute to Nepal Relief
Through a program called “Can Your Lions,” Mullen Lowe Group is pledging to donate the monetary replacement value of all the Cannes Lions statues it wins at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2015 to hunger-relief efforts in earthquake-ravaged Nepal. Mullen Lowe Group is asking, inviting and challenging all of the winning agencies and companies at Cannes to join the cause.
Last year, Mullen Lowe Group won 39 Cannes Lions and ranked in tenth place as the most awarded network. The cost to replace all of the Cannes Lions statues from 2014 would have been US$49,920. Mullen Lowe Group is prepared to make a meaningful financial donation to Nepal relief efforts in 2015 through its creative success at Cannes 2015. The “Can Your Lions” program is open to all who are interested, and winning agencies and marketers can make donations at http://canyourlions.com.
“We’re excited to be in Cannes celebrating the best of global creativity, and we’re hopeful that the global creative community will join us in sharing our good fortune in support of this important humanitarian initiative,” says Alex Leikikh, Global Chief Executive Officer of Mullen Lowe Group.
The financial donation component of the “Can Your Lions” program is based on the cost of replacing a Cannes Lions statue if an agency or brand marketer needed a duplicate copy. Costs to replace Cannes Lions are as follows:
- Grand Prix: US$2,906.
- Gold, Silver, Bronze: US$1,280
It costs 50 cents to feed a person in Nepal for a day. A Grand Prix would be worth 5,812 days of food. A gold, silver or bronze Lion would provide 2,560 days of food. The total value of all the winners at Cannes last year would have equaled US$1.5 million. That’s a huge potential donation that, if realized, will have an enormous impact on relief efforts in Nepal.
"We’re hopeful that the global creative community will join us in sharing our good fortune in support of this important humanitarian initiative."
- MullenLowe London Helps Relaunch The British Heart Foundation - Published on 07/19/2018
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018