GGH Lowe’s “Nazis Against Nazis” Scores Big at Cannes
GGH Lowe and Grabarz & Partners joined forces to develop “Nazis Against Nazis,” which turned out to be among the most awarded campaigns at Cannes this year. The campaign tricked neo-Nazis into raising thousands of euros for anti-extremist charity.
For the past 15 years, EXIT-Germany, the opt-out program for neo-Nazis, has been successfully helping right-wing extremists leave the neo-Nazi scene. Despite their important and informative work, the organization struggles to attract attention and donations. GGH Lowe and Grabarz & Partners were tasked to work with the organization to support neo-Nazis resistance.
For more than 20 years in the small town of Wunsiedel in Upper Franconia, neo-Nazis have marched on the town. This year, GGH Lowe and Grabarz & Partner made the neo-Nazis’ “funeral march” the most involuntary sponsored walk in Germany. The agencies worked with EXIT-Germany to create a sponsored walk that raised money for every meter that the Neo-Nazis walked. The money raised went to support EXIT-Germany’s work against fascism.
The Nazis were only informed about the campaign and their “involuntary” participation once the walk started. In addition to the fundraising component, GGH Lowe also helped turn the somber mood of the march on its head by using colorful, funny decorations throughout the march. In addition to a huge impact on social media, the walk also raised €10,000 for EXIT-Germany. The campaign was also among the most awarded at this year’s Cannes Festival, coming away with 12 Lions in all.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019