Safepoint Trust LifeSavers
Children around the world in developing countries were contracting HIV through contaminated reusable syringes. Marc Koska, the inventor of the K1 single-use syringe -- the LifeSaver -- and founder of SafePoint Charity, had been trying to convince the healthcare profession to move from standard syringes to auto destruct syringes for 30 years with relatively little impact. He came to McCann Health to help him convince the World Health Organization that this syringe should be adopted globally.
Health workers saw syringes as a commodity and the drugs inside them as the important part. Governments and manufacturers saw a switch to re-usable syringes as unimportant.
McCann Health created The LifeSaver campaign which encapsulated the need for the auto-destruct syringe and placed arguments in front of decision makers and influencers in simple graphic form to change the way drugs are administered. This powerful, creative and impactful work resulted in a change in behaviour as well as a change of policy.
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- Making an Impact with Major Media - Published on 12/10/2018
- 12 Days of Grilled Cheese - Published on 12/10/2018