McCann and Microsoft Work to Encourage Girls in Science
Only 11% of executives within Silicon Valley’s top 150 tech companies are women. As a member of the science & technology community, Microsoft felt accountable to address this underrepresentation.
Research revealed that the bias prevalent in today’s tech environment stemmed from gender stereotypes introduced during childhood – majority of high school girls were interested in science but only few went on to pursue it. They quit because they felt discouraged and isolated, believing it to be a “boy’s thing.”
Our brief – Challenge the gender stereotypes and inspire young girls to remain confident in their love of science. And since change starts from within, the initiative was triggered from within Microsoft and titled: Recruiting 2027.
Recruiting 2027 pairs young girls with female role models within Microsoft who volunteer to offer personal guidance. The initiative was introduced through a launch video that directed young viewers to an email address that connected girls directly with role models at Microsoft participating in Recruiting 2027.
Recruiting 2027 aims to nurture and inspire the next generation of female scientists. It is the first step on our journey to closing the gender gap in tech by 2027.
- MullenLowe London Helps Relaunch The British Heart Foundation - Published on 07/19/2018
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018