McCann and Microsoft Work to Encourage Girls in Science
Only 11% of executives within Silicon Valley’s top 150 tech companies are women. As a member of the science & technology community, Microsoft felt accountable to address this underrepresentation.
Research revealed that the bias prevalent in today’s tech environment stemmed from gender stereotypes introduced during childhood – majority of high school girls were interested in science but only few went on to pursue it. They quit because they felt discouraged and isolated, believing it to be a “boy’s thing.”
Our brief – Challenge the gender stereotypes and inspire young girls to remain confident in their love of science. And since change starts from within, the initiative was triggered from within Microsoft and titled: Recruiting 2027.
Recruiting 2027 pairs young girls with female role models within Microsoft who volunteer to offer personal guidance. The initiative was introduced through a launch video that directed young viewers to an email address that connected girls directly with role models at Microsoft participating in Recruiting 2027.
Recruiting 2027 aims to nurture and inspire the next generation of female scientists. It is the first step on our journey to closing the gender gap in tech by 2027.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019