Area 23 Launches “Cooties Catcher” to Encourage Handwashing
Area 23, an FCB Health company, worked with GOJO Industries, Inc., makers of PURELL®, to create “Cootie Catcher,” an initiative aimed at encouraging handwashing and better health.
Launched in conjunction with Global Handwashing Day on October 15th, the program began with an interactive experiment that had a class of first grade students place their hands in sterile Petri dishes. The dishes were incubated in a laboratory for three weeks and students were then able to examine photos of their bacteria-ridden handprints. The overwhelming reaction to the results was “Gross!” and “Cool!,” followed immediately by, “Can I go wash my hands now, please!?”
Area 23 produced a video documenting the experiment which can be viewed on the “Cooties Catcher” microsite. The agency also created a downloadable poster featuring a photograph of one of the “dirty” handprints. Additional educational materials are available on the microsite as well.
Area 23 chose to be a part of “Cootie Catcher” because children miss more than 60 million school days in the U.S. every year due to colds and the influenza virus.1 Proper handwashing and good hand hygiene is the easiest and most efficient way to reduce the spread of germs that can cause sickness and disrupt a child’s education.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018