Area 23 Launches “Cooties Catcher” to Encourage Handwashing
Area 23, an FCB Health company, worked with GOJO Industries, Inc., makers of PURELL®, to create “Cootie Catcher,” an initiative aimed at encouraging handwashing and better health.
Launched in conjunction with Global Handwashing Day on October 15th, the program began with an interactive experiment that had a class of first grade students place their hands in sterile Petri dishes. The dishes were incubated in a laboratory for three weeks and students were then able to examine photos of their bacteria-ridden handprints. The overwhelming reaction to the results was “Gross!” and “Cool!,” followed immediately by, “Can I go wash my hands now, please!?”
Area 23 produced a video documenting the experiment which can be viewed on the “Cooties Catcher” microsite. The agency also created a downloadable poster featuring a photograph of one of the “dirty” handprints. Additional educational materials are available on the microsite as well.
Area 23 chose to be a part of “Cootie Catcher” because children miss more than 60 million school days in the U.S. every year due to colds and the influenza virus.1 Proper handwashing and good hand hygiene is the easiest and most efficient way to reduce the spread of germs that can cause sickness and disrupt a child’s education.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018