Area 23 Launches “Cooties Catcher” to Encourage Handwashing
Area 23, an FCB Health company, worked with GOJO Industries, Inc., makers of PURELL®, to create “Cootie Catcher,” an initiative aimed at encouraging handwashing and better health.
Launched in conjunction with Global Handwashing Day on October 15th, the program began with an interactive experiment that had a class of first grade students place their hands in sterile Petri dishes. The dishes were incubated in a laboratory for three weeks and students were then able to examine photos of their bacteria-ridden handprints. The overwhelming reaction to the results was “Gross!” and “Cool!,” followed immediately by, “Can I go wash my hands now, please!?”
Area 23 produced a video documenting the experiment which can be viewed on the “Cooties Catcher” microsite. The agency also created a downloadable poster featuring a photograph of one of the “dirty” handprints. Additional educational materials are available on the microsite as well.
Area 23 chose to be a part of “Cootie Catcher” because children miss more than 60 million school days in the U.S. every year due to colds and the influenza virus.1 Proper handwashing and good hand hygiene is the easiest and most efficient way to reduce the spread of germs that can cause sickness and disrupt a child’s education.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019