UM Puerto Rico Develops New Approach to Reach L’Oréal Paris Consumers
To combat Puerto Rico’s recession and price war in the beauty category, UM Puerto Rico and McCann’s Beauty Team in San Juan joined forces to create an interactive solution for L’Oréal Paris that would drive numbers and educate consumers on the added value of investing in L’Oréal Paris products.
58% of women mobile users on the island— L’Oréal’s target audience—utilize WhatsApp, a cross-platform messaging app. Understanding the target’s preference for a personable, shopping experience, UM created “Chic Chat,” a free service via WhatsApp, that provides direct access to L’Oréal Paris beauty experts for customers – while they are shopping! When using the service, beauty experts give product advice, beauty tips, and help in making purchasing decisions.
- Chic Chat helped L’Oréal Paris increase sales by 3% across all brand categories compared to the previous year.
- Most of the women who contacted Chic Chat said they were going to buy the product or products recommended during the chat. And, 17% wrote back and sent pictures!
- The program was 90% more affordable and cost-effective than previous efforts to mobilize experts.
- Chic Chat was able to impact 100% of stores.
Chic Chat has received several honors including the Gold for Best Engagement Strategy and a Bronze for Best Use of Mobile at the Festival of Media LatAm; a Bronze in the mobile category at the Cuspide Festival; and Best Use of Mobile Platforms at the SME Digital Forum Awards.
- DEUTSCH PARTNERS WITH THE FEMALE QUOTIENT TO LAUNCH CAREER ADVICE BOT - Published on 06/21/2018
- MullenLowe London Creates PSA for Unstereotype Alliance - Published on 06/21/2018
- IPG Hosts Eighth Annual IPG Women’s Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/15/2018
- Hill Holliday and Bank of America Celebrate Progress Toward an AIDS-Free Generation - Published on 06/14/2018
- Hill Holliday Produces ‘Fathers and Sons’ Video for Fathers Day - Published on 06/14/2018
- #TeamIceland Recruits Fans from Argentina - Published on 06/13/2018
- IPG Continues Partnership with charity: water - Published on 06/12/2018
- R/GA’s ‘Not So FAQ’ Addresses Diversity in the Workplace - Published on 06/12/2018
- McCann London Challenges Blood Donation Ban - Published on 06/12/2018
- FCB Health Focuses on Equality in Blood Donations - Published on 06/11/2018