Interpublic is First U.S.-Based Ad Holding Company to Sign UN Global Compact
IPG has become the first U.S.-based ad holding company to sign on to the United Nations Global Compact. The UN Global Compact is an initiative to encourage companies to align strategies and operations with universal principles on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, and to report on the actions the company takes to advance these societal goals.
“By joining with top companies and organizations around the world in signing onto the UN Global Compact, we affirm our public commitment to sustainability principles that are in line with IPG’s long-term goals both as a public company and a corporate citizen,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, IPG. “As the creator of some of the world’s most iconic marketing campaigns, we understand our responsibility to ensure that the work we do and how we deliver that work are in sync with the long-term health of our communities. These issues are important to our shareholders, to our 50,000 employees, to our clients, and to consumers. We are proud to become part of this initiative, as signing onto the UN Global Compact furthers our commitment to being accountable and to reporting publically on our efforts to be a good corporate citizen of the world,” he continued.
“We are very pleased that IPG, one of our communications partners, has signed on to the UN Global Compact,” commented Keith Weed, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Unilever. “It is crucially important to us that our partners share our values and are committed to principles that are in line with our own mission to make sustainable living commonplace. By becoming a signatory to the UN Global Compact, Interpublic has taken a public step forward in advancing the company’s sustainability goals and reporting on them. We look forward to working with IPG, its agencies and its people on initiatives that will further sustainability efforts on a global scale,” he continued.
The United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to voluntarily align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues. The UN Global Compact is a leadership platform for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible corporate policies and practices. Launched in 2000, it is largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, with over 8,000 companies and 4,000 non-business signatories based in more than 160 countries.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019