Interpublic is First U.S.-Based Ad Holding Company to Sign UN Global Compact
IPG has become the first U.S.-based ad holding company to sign on to the United Nations Global Compact. The UN Global Compact is an initiative to encourage companies to align strategies and operations with universal principles on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, and to report on the actions the company takes to advance these societal goals.
“By joining with top companies and organizations around the world in signing onto the UN Global Compact, we affirm our public commitment to sustainability principles that are in line with IPG’s long-term goals both as a public company and a corporate citizen,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO, IPG. “As the creator of some of the world’s most iconic marketing campaigns, we understand our responsibility to ensure that the work we do and how we deliver that work are in sync with the long-term health of our communities. These issues are important to our shareholders, to our 50,000 employees, to our clients, and to consumers. We are proud to become part of this initiative, as signing onto the UN Global Compact furthers our commitment to being accountable and to reporting publically on our efforts to be a good corporate citizen of the world,” he continued.
“We are very pleased that IPG, one of our communications partners, has signed on to the UN Global Compact,” commented Keith Weed, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Unilever. “It is crucially important to us that our partners share our values and are committed to principles that are in line with our own mission to make sustainable living commonplace. By becoming a signatory to the UN Global Compact, Interpublic has taken a public step forward in advancing the company’s sustainability goals and reporting on them. We look forward to working with IPG, its agencies and its people on initiatives that will further sustainability efforts on a global scale,” he continued.
The United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to voluntarily align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues. The UN Global Compact is a leadership platform for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible corporate policies and practices. Launched in 2000, it is largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, with over 8,000 companies and 4,000 non-business signatories based in more than 160 countries.
- Writing a New Story for Surfacing - Published on 03/23/2018
- FCB Amsterdam and Mastercard Create a 'Priceless' Father/Daughter Moment - Published on 03/22/2018
- MullenLowe Works to Drop the ‘Female Tag’ - Published on 03/21/2018
- FCB and Getty Images Create 'Watermarks for Water' - Published on 03/21/2018
- The Martin Agency and SLING TV ENTICE LIVE TV LOVERS WITH CHOICE AND CONTROL - Published on 03/20/2018
- Michael Roth Speaks About Diversity at Advertising Week Europe - Published on 03/20/2018
- Jack Morton and Belvedere Vodka Fem the Future - Published on 03/19/2018
- MullenLowe and Persil Celebrate the Importance of Being Outside - Published on 03/16/2018
- New Honor Society Launches #notsorry on International Women’s Day - Published on 03/16/2018
- FCB Amsterdam Encourages Women to Support One Another - Published on 03/16/2018