Lowe + Partners Johannesburg Helps Launch Surgeons for Little Lives
Nearly 1300 children die in South Africa from burn incidents each year, and many more are hospitalized and scarred for life. Lowe + Partners is working to change this.
In partnership with Lowe + Partners Johannesburg, surgeons from Johannesburg’s public hospitals launched “Surgeons for Little Lives” to improve the lives of hospitalized burn victims, and to assist parents whose lives have been disrupted by the trauma.
All the media, marketing and brand work for “Surgeons for Little Lives” is being produced by Lowe. The agency has already raised R200,000 by getting 10 amateur cyclists (some of them surgeons) to raise money through sponsorships for the joBerg2c multistage mountain bike race, for which Lowe designed the kit and produced audio visual material for the 9-day stage event.
“We live in an environment that demands a compassionate response from the people who work in it. When we heard about what the surgeons wanted to do for children, and the parents of children at Baragwanath [Hospital], we didn’t have to think twice,” says Bruce Anderson, Executive Creative Director of Lowe Johannesburg.
"Surgeons for Little Lives" aims to make a difference in the lives of this country’s most precious assets. To support the cause, visit: http://www.surgeonsforlittlelives.org/#/donate
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019