Lowe + Partners Johannesburg Helps Launch Surgeons for Little Lives
Nearly 1300 children die in South Africa from burn incidents each year, and many more are hospitalized and scarred for life. Lowe + Partners is working to change this.
In partnership with Lowe + Partners Johannesburg, surgeons from Johannesburg’s public hospitals launched “Surgeons for Little Lives” to improve the lives of hospitalized burn victims, and to assist parents whose lives have been disrupted by the trauma.
All the media, marketing and brand work for “Surgeons for Little Lives” is being produced by Lowe. The agency has already raised R200,000 by getting 10 amateur cyclists (some of them surgeons) to raise money through sponsorships for the joBerg2c multistage mountain bike race, for which Lowe designed the kit and produced audio visual material for the 9-day stage event.
“We live in an environment that demands a compassionate response from the people who work in it. When we heard about what the surgeons wanted to do for children, and the parents of children at Baragwanath [Hospital], we didn’t have to think twice,” says Bruce Anderson, Executive Creative Director of Lowe Johannesburg.
"Surgeons for Little Lives" aims to make a difference in the lives of this country’s most precious assets. To support the cause, visit: http://www.surgeonsforlittlelives.org/#/donate
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019