Deutsch And the NiceBot Encourage Kindness on Twitter
Every 60 seconds, something mean, cruel or hurtful is posted on Twitter. To combat this negativity, Champions Against Bullying and Deutsch teamed up to give Twitter a dose of positivity by creating The NiceBot, whose goal is simply to spread kindness and happiness.
Using a specially designed API, the NiceBot has been programmed to pair one random nice message with one random Twitter user’s handle. It sends a single message out as an @ reply, and then moves on to the next user on its list.
The goal is to tweet one nice message to every single user of Twitter—all 200 million of them. And while it will take a while, the NiceBot is determined to make the Internet a nicer place – one tweet at a time.
In addition to the Twitter component, actual 3D printed NiceBots have been sent to a number of celebrity influencers who have taken public stands against cyberbullying. Each NiceBot is powered by a Raspberry Pi and equipped with a 4G connection and an LCD screen in the chest, and will live-tweet the nice messages as they go out in real time on Twitter.
Jeff Vinick, ECD at Deutsch spoke to Adweek about the campaign recently.
"The idea for the NiceBot came about when we found a pretty interesting stat—something mean, cruel or hurtful is posted on Twitter every 60 seconds. That kind of relentless negativity is hard to combat," explained Vinick. “We started thinking about different ways to be nice to as many people as possible, and a spambot seemed like a good solution.”
Vinick says the reaction has been great so far. "People seem to be happy receiving a simple message of positivity to brighten their day," he says. "The NiceBot's mission is to spread niceness to everyone it can. It doesn't worry about the response. It simply thinks everyone is deserving of kindness."
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019