McCann Health Partners with UN Commission on Pneumonia Prevention Campaign
Nearly one million children die from pneumonia each year—most of these deaths can be prevented. Too often, caregivers and providers don’t have the knowledge they need to identify danger signs and symptoms of pneumonia and what needs to be done.
McCann Health, in partnership with the Clinton Health Access Initiative, UNICEF, USAID and Abt Associates—all members of the UN Commission on Life-Saving Commodities for Women and Children—created a new pneumonia prevention campaign called “Every Second Counts.” The campaign was designed to help educate caregivers and frontline health workers in developing countries, where the vast majority of these deaths occur, and arm them with the knowledge and skills needed to save children’s lives.
A key component of the effort is the multi-media kits that include training videos, posters, illustrated stories and fliers. The kits are free and are available in different regional/cultural variations and languages and can be adapted to suit local needs. NGO partners in these countries have begun adopting the campaign and accelerating progress in the fight to prevent childhood deaths due to pneumonia.
“McCann Health has made a commitment to helping woman and children lead healthier, happier and safer lives. We see our role in the fight against childhood pneumonia as critical to this effort. When so many lives could be saved by providing communications strategies, approaches and tools that truly change beliefs and behaviors, it is incumbent upon us to apply our skills as marketers to this end,” said Andrew Schirmer, President of McCann Global Health.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019