McCann Health Partners with UN Commission on Pneumonia Prevention Campaign
Nearly one million children die from pneumonia each year—most of these deaths can be prevented. Too often, caregivers and providers don’t have the knowledge they need to identify danger signs and symptoms of pneumonia and what needs to be done.
McCann Health, in partnership with the Clinton Health Access Initiative, UNICEF, USAID and Abt Associates—all members of the UN Commission on Life-Saving Commodities for Women and Children—created a new pneumonia prevention campaign called “Every Second Counts.” The campaign was designed to help educate caregivers and frontline health workers in developing countries, where the vast majority of these deaths occur, and arm them with the knowledge and skills needed to save children’s lives.
A key component of the effort is the multi-media kits that include training videos, posters, illustrated stories and fliers. The kits are free and are available in different regional/cultural variations and languages and can be adapted to suit local needs. NGO partners in these countries have begun adopting the campaign and accelerating progress in the fight to prevent childhood deaths due to pneumonia.
“McCann Health has made a commitment to helping woman and children lead healthier, happier and safer lives. We see our role in the fight against childhood pneumonia as critical to this effort. When so many lives could be saved by providing communications strategies, approaches and tools that truly change beliefs and behaviors, it is incumbent upon us to apply our skills as marketers to this end,” said Andrew Schirmer, President of McCann Global Health.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018