McCann Health Partners with UN Commission on Pneumonia Prevention Campaign
Nearly one million children die from pneumonia each year—most of these deaths can be prevented. Too often, caregivers and providers don’t have the knowledge they need to identify danger signs and symptoms of pneumonia and what needs to be done.
McCann Health, in partnership with the Clinton Health Access Initiative, UNICEF, USAID and Abt Associates—all members of the UN Commission on Life-Saving Commodities for Women and Children—created a new pneumonia prevention campaign called “Every Second Counts.” The campaign was designed to help educate caregivers and frontline health workers in developing countries, where the vast majority of these deaths occur, and arm them with the knowledge and skills needed to save children’s lives.
A key component of the effort is the multi-media kits that include training videos, posters, illustrated stories and fliers. The kits are free and are available in different regional/cultural variations and languages and can be adapted to suit local needs. NGO partners in these countries have begun adopting the campaign and accelerating progress in the fight to prevent childhood deaths due to pneumonia.
“McCann Health has made a commitment to helping woman and children lead healthier, happier and safer lives. We see our role in the fight against childhood pneumonia as critical to this effort. When so many lives could be saved by providing communications strategies, approaches and tools that truly change beliefs and behaviors, it is incumbent upon us to apply our skills as marketers to this end,” said Andrew Schirmer, President of McCann Global Health.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018