FCB Toronto Works to Stop Domestic Violence
Christmas windows are a big part of the holiday season. This year, with the help of FCB Toronto, one holiday window is providing more than just window dressing. Working with The Ontario Association of Interval & Transition Houses (OAITH), a provincial coalition founded by women’s shelter advocates and Yellow Brick House, an OAITH member shelter located in the York region area of North of Toronto, the agency launched “The Window Project.”
The “Window Project” shows a store window display that looks typical at first glance, but, upon further inspection, proves quite unique. It depicts a family of mannequins around a Christmas table – the couple and their two children look peaceful, but the mannequins are rigged to a mechanical system that creates a very different scene: every 12 seconds, the father raises his hand to the mother, and she and the children recoil in fear.
Viewers are empowered to stop the violence – both in the window and the broader population – by making an SMS donation to OAITH. This action immediately stops the abuse in the scene for 60 seconds. By raising awareness and funds, the program aims to bring an end to abuse for good.
While the holidays are a happy time for many, the campaign is especially timely because incidences of domestic violence are shown to increase by as much as 30 per cent during the holidays.
- Mastercard Brings People Together in The “Listening Room” - Published on 02/22/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Creates #TheShowerSong - Published on 02/21/2018
- FCB Canada and Air Canada Show Support for Inclusion and the Olympics - Published on 02/15/2018
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018