FCB Toronto Works to Stop Domestic Violence
Christmas windows are a big part of the holiday season. This year, with the help of FCB Toronto, one holiday window is providing more than just window dressing. Working with The Ontario Association of Interval & Transition Houses (OAITH), a provincial coalition founded by women’s shelter advocates and Yellow Brick House, an OAITH member shelter located in the York region area of North of Toronto, the agency launched “The Window Project.”
The “Window Project” shows a store window display that looks typical at first glance, but, upon further inspection, proves quite unique. It depicts a family of mannequins around a Christmas table – the couple and their two children look peaceful, but the mannequins are rigged to a mechanical system that creates a very different scene: every 12 seconds, the father raises his hand to the mother, and she and the children recoil in fear.
Viewers are empowered to stop the violence – both in the window and the broader population – by making an SMS donation to OAITH. This action immediately stops the abuse in the scene for 60 seconds. By raising awareness and funds, the program aims to bring an end to abuse for good.
While the holidays are a happy time for many, the campaign is especially timely because incidences of domestic violence are shown to increase by as much as 30 per cent during the holidays.
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018