FCB Toronto Works to Stop Domestic Violence
Christmas windows are a big part of the holiday season. This year, with the help of FCB Toronto, one holiday window is providing more than just window dressing. Working with The Ontario Association of Interval & Transition Houses (OAITH), a provincial coalition founded by women’s shelter advocates and Yellow Brick House, an OAITH member shelter located in the York region area of North of Toronto, the agency launched “The Window Project.”
The “Window Project” shows a store window display that looks typical at first glance, but, upon further inspection, proves quite unique. It depicts a family of mannequins around a Christmas table – the couple and their two children look peaceful, but the mannequins are rigged to a mechanical system that creates a very different scene: every 12 seconds, the father raises his hand to the mother, and she and the children recoil in fear.
Viewers are empowered to stop the violence – both in the window and the broader population – by making an SMS donation to OAITH. This action immediately stops the abuse in the scene for 60 seconds. By raising awareness and funds, the program aims to bring an end to abuse for good.
While the holidays are a happy time for many, the campaign is especially timely because incidences of domestic violence are shown to increase by as much as 30 per cent during the holidays.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018