FCB Health Fights Discrimination Against Blood Donors
Each year, 615,000 pints of blood are turned away — blood that could help save the lives of more than a million people — because the donors are gay or bisexual men. In 1983, the FDA issued a lifetime ban on all men who have sex with other men from donating blood. In early 2015, the FDA asked for public comments regarding amending the lifetime ban, including the change to a one-year deferral, allowing gay and bisexual men to donate blood – only if they have been celibate for a year.
The print campaign argues that it’s time for science, not stigma, to rule, and that the change to the one-year ban does not go far enough in eliminating discrimination.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018