FCB Health Fights Discrimination Against Blood Donors
Each year, 615,000 pints of blood are turned away — blood that could help save the lives of more than a million people — because the donors are gay or bisexual men. In 1983, the FDA issued a lifetime ban on all men who have sex with other men from donating blood. In early 2015, the FDA asked for public comments regarding amending the lifetime ban, including the change to a one-year deferral, allowing gay and bisexual men to donate blood – only if they have been celibate for a year.
The print campaign argues that it’s time for science, not stigma, to rule, and that the change to the one-year ban does not go far enough in eliminating discrimination.
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018