Area 23 Uses the Arts to Raise Awareness About Lung Disease
Area 23, working with client Insmed, has launched a new disease awareness campaign to elevate the importance of diagnosing NTM (nontuberculous mycobacteria), a rare but serious lung disease.
The problem, in a nutshell, is that words alone simply weren’t getting it done. For a person suffering from undiagnosed NTM, their complaints about painful and disruptive symptoms fell on deaf ears. Doctors put a low priority on diagnosing and treating NTM, leaving patients to suffer for months, even years without ever knowing what’s wrong with them.
Our idea was simple: Connect real NTM patients with artists from around the world who can help bring the impact of NTM on patients to vivid life. Area 23 was responsible for creative conception as well as finding the artists and connecting NTM sufferers with them. The one-of-a-kind pieces of art that were created ran in medical publications as well as banner ads and at trade shows. They are meant to help doctors realize the impact NTM is having on their patients’ lives and motivate them to work with patients to find solutions.
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018
- Jaguar Launches World Driving Day as Saudi Arabia Driving Ban Lifts - Published on 06/26/2018