Area 23 Uses the Arts to Raise Awareness About Lung Disease
Area 23, working with client Insmed, has launched a new disease awareness campaign to elevate the importance of diagnosing NTM (nontuberculous mycobacteria), a rare but serious lung disease.
The problem, in a nutshell, is that words alone simply weren’t getting it done. For a person suffering from undiagnosed NTM, their complaints about painful and disruptive symptoms fell on deaf ears. Doctors put a low priority on diagnosing and treating NTM, leaving patients to suffer for months, even years without ever knowing what’s wrong with them.
Our idea was simple: Connect real NTM patients with artists from around the world who can help bring the impact of NTM on patients to vivid life. Area 23 was responsible for creative conception as well as finding the artists and connecting NTM sufferers with them. The one-of-a-kind pieces of art that were created ran in medical publications as well as banner ads and at trade shows. They are meant to help doctors realize the impact NTM is having on their patients’ lives and motivate them to work with patients to find solutions.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019