Ensemble Enables Malaysians to Give Back to Their Communities
Ensemble, part of IPG Mediabrands, and its telco client, Maxis, created a Chinese New Year campaign aimed at bringing prosperity and longevity to the less fortunate by incorporating charity seamlessly into online shopping. The campaign, titled “Kongsi Home project,” also collaborates with Epic Homes, an organization that builds homes for underprivileged Malaysian communities. Malaysia’s top 5 e-commerce platforms – Lazada, Gem Five, Zalora, Rakuten, and Happy Fresh – are also part of this effort to turn online shopping into online giving.
Kongsi Home Project enables shoppers from anywhere across the globe with a valid credit card to visit any of these five online retail sites, and add building materials to their shopping carts. These materials will then be donated to the community home-building projects by Epic Homes.
The campaign hopes to raise enough money to fund the building of new homes for 67 families. To help drive the campaign and donations, Ensemble created a series of videos. The building materials available for purchase online include the aptly named “Window of Longevity,” “Gold-With-The-Flow Tap,” and “Lockdown-Your-Love Doorknob.”
"Ensemble is always on the lookout for opportunities to collaborate, and we're thrilled to bring together Maxis, Epic Homes and Malaysia's top e-retailers,” said Sean Wong, Ensemble Executive Business Director. “Even better is the fact that we are creating a campaign that can really make a difference to communities.
“With online shopping becoming a growing trend amongst Malaysians, we thought Chinese New Year was the perfect time to give Malaysians the opportunity to bring prosperity to families in-need. We are truly delighted that Maxis has kickstarted this act of online shopping into an act of online giving. Regardless of how many homes we will be able to build from this campaign, we believe that even if it's only one home at a time, we are building hope,” he continued.
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018