Ensemble Enables Malaysians to Give Back to Their Communities
Ensemble, part of IPG Mediabrands, and its telco client, Maxis, created a Chinese New Year campaign aimed at bringing prosperity and longevity to the less fortunate by incorporating charity seamlessly into online shopping. The campaign, titled “Kongsi Home project,” also collaborates with Epic Homes, an organization that builds homes for underprivileged Malaysian communities. Malaysia’s top 5 e-commerce platforms – Lazada, Gem Five, Zalora, Rakuten, and Happy Fresh – are also part of this effort to turn online shopping into online giving.
Kongsi Home Project enables shoppers from anywhere across the globe with a valid credit card to visit any of these five online retail sites, and add building materials to their shopping carts. These materials will then be donated to the community home-building projects by Epic Homes.
The campaign hopes to raise enough money to fund the building of new homes for 67 families. To help drive the campaign and donations, Ensemble created a series of videos. The building materials available for purchase online include the aptly named “Window of Longevity,” “Gold-With-The-Flow Tap,” and “Lockdown-Your-Love Doorknob.”
"Ensemble is always on the lookout for opportunities to collaborate, and we're thrilled to bring together Maxis, Epic Homes and Malaysia's top e-retailers,” said Sean Wong, Ensemble Executive Business Director. “Even better is the fact that we are creating a campaign that can really make a difference to communities.
“With online shopping becoming a growing trend amongst Malaysians, we thought Chinese New Year was the perfect time to give Malaysians the opportunity to bring prosperity to families in-need. We are truly delighted that Maxis has kickstarted this act of online shopping into an act of online giving. Regardless of how many homes we will be able to build from this campaign, we believe that even if it's only one home at a time, we are building hope,” he continued.
- Mastercard Brings People Together in The “Listening Room” - Published on 02/22/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Creates #TheShowerSong - Published on 02/21/2018
- FCB Canada and Air Canada Show Support for Inclusion and the Olympics - Published on 02/15/2018
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018