MullenLowe Reveals Gender Stereotyping in Action
MullenLowe London worked with Inspiring the Future to create a film that reveals the reality of gender stereotyping amongst primary school children. Released exactly one week from International Women’s Day, the two-minute film highlights why we need to redraw the balance.
In the film, “Redraw the Balance,” three female “teachers” ask the students to draw a surgeon, a firefighter and a fighter pilot. The children drew 66 pictures in total, with only five depicting women. They are then asked if they would like to meet real-life versions of these drawings and are surprised when the women they thought were teachers return to the classroom in their uniforms revealing their true professions as a surgeon, a firefighter and a pilot.
Inspring the Future is urging people to share the film with friends and colleagues and raise awareness of how much needs to be done to tackle gender stereotyping. To make a difference volunteers can sign up here and pledge just one hour to chat with children about their careers.
“It’s our responsibility as working professionals, as well educators, to encourage and inspire young minds that the majority of jobs and roles today are available for women, and not just men. These young minds are our future,” commented Richard Denney, ECD of MullenLowe London
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019