MullenLowe Reveals Gender Stereotyping in Action
MullenLowe London worked with Inspiring the Future to create a film that reveals the reality of gender stereotyping amongst primary school children. Released exactly one week from International Women’s Day, the two-minute film highlights why we need to redraw the balance.
In the film, “Redraw the Balance,” three female “teachers” ask the students to draw a surgeon, a firefighter and a fighter pilot. The children drew 66 pictures in total, with only five depicting women. They are then asked if they would like to meet real-life versions of these drawings and are surprised when the women they thought were teachers return to the classroom in their uniforms revealing their true professions as a surgeon, a firefighter and a pilot.
Inspring the Future is urging people to share the film with friends and colleagues and raise awareness of how much needs to be done to tackle gender stereotyping. To make a difference volunteers can sign up here and pledge just one hour to chat with children about their careers.
“It’s our responsibility as working professionals, as well educators, to encourage and inspire young minds that the majority of jobs and roles today are available for women, and not just men. These young minds are our future,” commented Richard Denney, ECD of MullenLowe London
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018