MullenLowe Reveals Gender Stereotyping in Action
MullenLowe London worked with Inspiring the Future to create a film that reveals the reality of gender stereotyping amongst primary school children. Released exactly one week from International Women’s Day, the two-minute film highlights why we need to redraw the balance.
In the film, “Redraw the Balance,” three female “teachers” ask the students to draw a surgeon, a firefighter and a fighter pilot. The children drew 66 pictures in total, with only five depicting women. They are then asked if they would like to meet real-life versions of these drawings and are surprised when the women they thought were teachers return to the classroom in their uniforms revealing their true professions as a surgeon, a firefighter and a pilot.
Inspring the Future is urging people to share the film with friends and colleagues and raise awareness of how much needs to be done to tackle gender stereotyping. To make a difference volunteers can sign up here and pledge just one hour to chat with children about their careers.
“It’s our responsibility as working professionals, as well educators, to encourage and inspire young minds that the majority of jobs and roles today are available for women, and not just men. These young minds are our future,” commented Richard Denney, ECD of MullenLowe London
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019