IPG Shows Solidarity with Victims of Terrorism
Michael Roth, IPG's Chairman and CEO, issued the following note to staff this morning:
The deadly attacks in Brussels this morning are shocking and deeply saddening. Our thoughts go out to all of those affected. Thankfully, indications are that our colleagues in that city are safe and accounted for.
France’s President François Hollande noted that, “Through the Brussels attacks, it is the whole of Europe that is hit.” Even more so, we are all touched by these devastating events, which are unfortunately becoming more commonplace across every continent. Today’s news, coupled with the recent attacks in Turkey and related strife in Kenya, Nigeria and the Middle East, reminds us once again how important it is for each of us to support one another during such trying and uncertain times. Because ultimately, what is at issue is the freedom of expression and openness to a diversity of thought that are central to so many cultures, as well as to a business like ours, which is based on ideas.
For the time being, Brussels is essentially at a standstill, with all flights in and out of the city canceled and nearly all public transportation ceased. We will, of course, continue to monitor the situation there, and keep you posted on any changes in travel restrictions.
We are supporting our agency teams in Brussels, who have been directly affected by today’s atrocities, but if you have additional questions or needs, please reach out to IPG’s director of crisis preparedness, Casey Tinnesz.
We are, of course, thinking of our friends and colleagues in Brussels and throughout the world who have been affected by terrorism. We share our deepest sympathies and our solidarity with them.
-- Michael Roth
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018
- R/GA Portland Creatives and Polaroid Celebrate Analog Photography - Published on 03/29/2018