IPG Shows Solidarity with Victims of Terrorism
Michael Roth, IPG's Chairman and CEO, issued the following note to staff this morning:
The deadly attacks in Brussels this morning are shocking and deeply saddening. Our thoughts go out to all of those affected. Thankfully, indications are that our colleagues in that city are safe and accounted for.
France’s President François Hollande noted that, “Through the Brussels attacks, it is the whole of Europe that is hit.” Even more so, we are all touched by these devastating events, which are unfortunately becoming more commonplace across every continent. Today’s news, coupled with the recent attacks in Turkey and related strife in Kenya, Nigeria and the Middle East, reminds us once again how important it is for each of us to support one another during such trying and uncertain times. Because ultimately, what is at issue is the freedom of expression and openness to a diversity of thought that are central to so many cultures, as well as to a business like ours, which is based on ideas.
For the time being, Brussels is essentially at a standstill, with all flights in and out of the city canceled and nearly all public transportation ceased. We will, of course, continue to monitor the situation there, and keep you posted on any changes in travel restrictions.
We are supporting our agency teams in Brussels, who have been directly affected by today’s atrocities, but if you have additional questions or needs, please reach out to IPG’s director of crisis preparedness, Casey Tinnesz.
We are, of course, thinking of our friends and colleagues in Brussels and throughout the world who have been affected by terrorism. We share our deepest sympathies and our solidarity with them.
-- Michael Roth
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018