IPG Shows Solidarity with Victims of Terrorism
Michael Roth, IPG's Chairman and CEO, issued the following note to staff this morning:
The deadly attacks in Brussels this morning are shocking and deeply saddening. Our thoughts go out to all of those affected. Thankfully, indications are that our colleagues in that city are safe and accounted for.
France’s President François Hollande noted that, “Through the Brussels attacks, it is the whole of Europe that is hit.” Even more so, we are all touched by these devastating events, which are unfortunately becoming more commonplace across every continent. Today’s news, coupled with the recent attacks in Turkey and related strife in Kenya, Nigeria and the Middle East, reminds us once again how important it is for each of us to support one another during such trying and uncertain times. Because ultimately, what is at issue is the freedom of expression and openness to a diversity of thought that are central to so many cultures, as well as to a business like ours, which is based on ideas.
For the time being, Brussels is essentially at a standstill, with all flights in and out of the city canceled and nearly all public transportation ceased. We will, of course, continue to monitor the situation there, and keep you posted on any changes in travel restrictions.
We are supporting our agency teams in Brussels, who have been directly affected by today’s atrocities, but if you have additional questions or needs, please reach out to IPG’s director of crisis preparedness, Casey Tinnesz.
We are, of course, thinking of our friends and colleagues in Brussels and throughout the world who have been affected by terrorism. We share our deepest sympathies and our solidarity with them.
-- Michael Roth
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019