MullenLowe Launches Powerful Video for Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Would you tolerate your cab driver drinking and driving?
In a new PSA for the Safe Roads Alliance, MullenLowe created a hidden-camera PSA to coincide with National Distracted Driving Awareness Month. The campaign shows passengers getting angry with their cabbie who is drinking while driving, yet captures their indifference when the cabbie is texting and driving.
According to the National Safety Council, talking on the phone increases your risk of an accident by four times, and texting and driving increases accident risk anywhere from eight to 23 times.
"People text and drive. These same people know that texting and driving is a bad idea. Yet, in a classic case of 'It won't happen to me,' they continue to do it," says MullenLowe Creative Director, John Kearse. "Far more people are injured in distracting driving accidents than drunk driving. Obviously, drunk driving is nothing to joke about, and is something any reasonable person would classify as a terrible idea. Why do we view texting and driving differently?”
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019