MullenLowe Launches Powerful Video for Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Would you tolerate your cab driver drinking and driving?
In a new PSA for the Safe Roads Alliance, MullenLowe created a hidden-camera PSA to coincide with National Distracted Driving Awareness Month. The campaign shows passengers getting angry with their cabbie who is drinking while driving, yet captures their indifference when the cabbie is texting and driving.
According to the National Safety Council, talking on the phone increases your risk of an accident by four times, and texting and driving increases accident risk anywhere from eight to 23 times.
"People text and drive. These same people know that texting and driving is a bad idea. Yet, in a classic case of 'It won't happen to me,' they continue to do it," says MullenLowe Creative Director, John Kearse. "Far more people are injured in distracting driving accidents than drunk driving. Obviously, drunk driving is nothing to joke about, and is something any reasonable person would classify as a terrible idea. Why do we view texting and driving differently?”
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018
- Checkers & Rally's / Buy Back the Block - Published on 09/07/2018