MullenLowe Launches Powerful Video for Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Would you tolerate your cab driver drinking and driving?
In a new PSA for the Safe Roads Alliance, MullenLowe created a hidden-camera PSA to coincide with National Distracted Driving Awareness Month. The campaign shows passengers getting angry with their cabbie who is drinking while driving, yet captures their indifference when the cabbie is texting and driving.
According to the National Safety Council, talking on the phone increases your risk of an accident by four times, and texting and driving increases accident risk anywhere from eight to 23 times.
"People text and drive. These same people know that texting and driving is a bad idea. Yet, in a classic case of 'It won't happen to me,' they continue to do it," says MullenLowe Creative Director, John Kearse. "Far more people are injured in distracting driving accidents than drunk driving. Obviously, drunk driving is nothing to joke about, and is something any reasonable person would classify as a terrible idea. Why do we view texting and driving differently?”
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019