MRM//McCann Finds A Sweet Way to Talk About Inequality
Women could finally get a bigger slice of the pie, thanks to a new campaign from MRM//McCann Romania working with French bakery, Paul. “Bittersweet Pies,” features cakes decorated like pie charts with statistics on the uneven representation of women in in Romania.
According to a 2015 World Economic Forum study, Romania ranks very low among European Union countries when it comes to gender equality. Although the country passed a “Law of Equality of Opportunity among Men and Women” in 2012, not much progress has been made. The country was rated 114 out of 145 in political equality and also received a low score in health and finance.
The challenge for MRM//McCann was to come up with a way to create awareness of this important social issue, while also helping to change it. Since research showed that women consume sweets more than men, the cake line is geared toward females, with the goal of sparking household conversations about gender inequality and encouraging women to take steps that will help give them the same rights as men.
Along with promoting conversation, the Bittersweet line will encourage women to develop their skills and land better jobs. Five percent of sales will be donated to FILIA, a non-profit focused on women’s issues. FILIA will use the funds to train rural women and prepare them for modern careers.
All Paul locations in Romania will offer these tasty and informative treats, which are available in five varieties and illustrate issues such as wage gap, representation in politics, entrepreneurship and job titles. Together, MRM//McCann Romania and Paul hope to raise awareness of gender inequality in Romania and also reduce the gender gap – one slice at a time.
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018