McCann’s FP7/Cairo and Unilever Support “I Am My Veil”
Ninety percent of Egyptian women are veiled. Their veil is solemn and important, carrying with it religious significance – it is also a key part of their identity as women and as individuals. But, despite being a majority, these women are often treated as a minority, even by brands; Egyptian brands do not show veiled women in their advertising.
As one of the leading voices in the region, McCann’s FP7/Cairo, along with client, Unilever, have launched an initiative called, “3ala rasy,” which means, “I Am My Veil,” to empower veiled women in Egypt. “I Am My Veil” is changing how veiled women see themselves, turning an icon of restriction into one of empowerment. To create this initiative, FP7 partnered with Facebook in Egypt and developed a film that has garnered 5.3 million views and become of the most watched and talked about pieces of content on social medial across Egypt.
- ADVANTAGE & HYUNDAI ARE ROLLING AGAIN WITH THE NFL ROOKIES - Published on 04/20/2018
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018