FCB Brasil Raises Awareness about Violence Against Women
FCB Brasil and Estado, a leading newspaper in Brazil, tapped Twitter and the power of digital and social media to get women to speak out against violence and abuse. Launched in March for International Women’s Day, the newspaper tweeted a real report of violence every seven minutes using the hashtag #7minutos1denuncia (#7minutes1report).The campaign highlighted the prevalence and seriousness of violence against women in the country, while encouraging women to speak out against abuse.
According to the Secretariat of Policies for Women, within the first 10 months of 2015, Brazil’s Women’s Help Hotline received 63,090 reports of violence against women. This number equates to 205 reports a day, or an average of one report every seven minutes.
#7minutes1report was a huge success, with 977 million hashtag impressions and a 152% surge in Estado’s site traffic that day.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018