FCB Brasil Raises Awareness about Violence Against Women
FCB Brasil and Estado, a leading newspaper in Brazil, tapped Twitter and the power of digital and social media to get women to speak out against violence and abuse. Launched in March for International Women’s Day, the newspaper tweeted a real report of violence every seven minutes using the hashtag #7minutos1denuncia (#7minutes1report).The campaign highlighted the prevalence and seriousness of violence against women in the country, while encouraging women to speak out against abuse.
According to the Secretariat of Policies for Women, within the first 10 months of 2015, Brazil’s Women’s Help Hotline received 63,090 reports of violence against women. This number equates to 205 reports a day, or an average of one report every seven minutes.
#7minutes1report was a huge success, with 977 million hashtag impressions and a 152% surge in Estado’s site traffic that day.
- The Martin Agency and SLING TV ENTICE LIVE TV LOVERS WITH CHOICE AND CONTROL - Published on 03/20/2018
- Michael Roth Speaks About Diversity at Advertising Week Europe - Published on 03/20/2018
- Jack Morton and Belvedere Vodka Fem the Future - Published on 03/19/2018
- MullenLowe and Persil Celebrate the Importance of Being Outside - Published on 03/16/2018
- New Honor Society Launches #notsorry on International Women’s Day - Published on 03/16/2018
- FCB Amsterdam Encourages Women to Support One Another - Published on 03/16/2018
- Common Ground Launches Global Campaign to Support the Sustainable Development Goals - Published on 03/15/2018
- The Martin Agency and SABRA GIVE CONSUMERS SOMETHING TO SING ABOUT - Published on 03/15/2018
- L’ORéAL CANADA and McCann Show Every Woman is Worth It - Published on 03/15/2018
- Jack Morton and Audible Bring Audio Content to Newark Community - Published on 03/14/2018