FCB Brasil Raises Awareness about Violence Against Women
FCB Brasil and Estado, a leading newspaper in Brazil, tapped Twitter and the power of digital and social media to get women to speak out against violence and abuse. Launched in March for International Women’s Day, the newspaper tweeted a real report of violence every seven minutes using the hashtag #7minutos1denuncia (#7minutes1report).The campaign highlighted the prevalence and seriousness of violence against women in the country, while encouraging women to speak out against abuse.
According to the Secretariat of Policies for Women, within the first 10 months of 2015, Brazil’s Women’s Help Hotline received 63,090 reports of violence against women. This number equates to 205 reports a day, or an average of one report every seven minutes.
#7minutes1report was a huge success, with 977 million hashtag impressions and a 152% surge in Estado’s site traffic that day.
- MullenLowe London Helps Relaunch The British Heart Foundation - Published on 07/19/2018
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018