FCB Brasil Raises Awareness about Violence Against Women
FCB Brasil and Estado, a leading newspaper in Brazil, tapped Twitter and the power of digital and social media to get women to speak out against violence and abuse. Launched in March for International Women’s Day, the newspaper tweeted a real report of violence every seven minutes using the hashtag #7minutos1denuncia (#7minutes1report).The campaign highlighted the prevalence and seriousness of violence against women in the country, while encouraging women to speak out against abuse.
According to the Secretariat of Policies for Women, within the first 10 months of 2015, Brazil’s Women’s Help Hotline received 63,090 reports of violence against women. This number equates to 205 reports a day, or an average of one report every seven minutes.
#7minutes1report was a huge success, with 977 million hashtag impressions and a 152% surge in Estado’s site traffic that day.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019