FCB Brasil Raises Awareness about Violence Against Women
FCB Brasil and Estado, a leading newspaper in Brazil, tapped Twitter and the power of digital and social media to get women to speak out against violence and abuse. Launched in March for International Women’s Day, the newspaper tweeted a real report of violence every seven minutes using the hashtag #7minutos1denuncia (#7minutes1report).The campaign highlighted the prevalence and seriousness of violence against women in the country, while encouraging women to speak out against abuse.
According to the Secretariat of Policies for Women, within the first 10 months of 2015, Brazil’s Women’s Help Hotline received 63,090 reports of violence against women. This number equates to 205 reports a day, or an average of one report every seven minutes.
#7minutes1report was a huge success, with 977 million hashtag impressions and a 152% surge in Estado’s site traffic that day.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019