UNHCR And MullenLowe Philippines Bring Attention to Refugee Crisis
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Philippines and MullenLowe Philippines launched the UNHome Button - an innovative web browser interruption to make Filipinos more aware of the refugee crisis.
When users click the home button on participating partner sites, they are redirected to a faux “error” page, temporarily preventing them from “going home.” They are given the option to proceed to the home page, or instead, learn more about the refugee crisis and how they can help, at the UNHCR landing page. Partner sites include Cebu Pacific and Elpidio Quirino.
The UNHCR has been working tirelessly to help the millions of refugees who have been displaced by conflict and persecution. But most Filipinos are literally and figuratively removed from the refugee crisis. MullenLowe Philippines understood that in order to maximize the impact of a campaign, something more than a social media campaign or website redo was in order. And so the idea of the UNHome Button was born. It mimics for Filipinos the experience of not being able to go home. MullenLowe helped forge partnerships with local websites and bloggers to transform their home buttons into tools for social change – home is no longer just a click away.
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019
- Party City "The Children Are Coming" - Published on 03/11/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Ancestry Connect Strangers Via Underground Railroad Connections - Published on 03/07/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019