UNHCR And MullenLowe Philippines Bring Attention to Refugee Crisis
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Philippines and MullenLowe Philippines launched the UNHome Button - an innovative web browser interruption to make Filipinos more aware of the refugee crisis.
When users click the home button on participating partner sites, they are redirected to a faux “error” page, temporarily preventing them from “going home.” They are given the option to proceed to the home page, or instead, learn more about the refugee crisis and how they can help, at the UNHCR landing page. Partner sites include Cebu Pacific and Elpidio Quirino.
The UNHCR has been working tirelessly to help the millions of refugees who have been displaced by conflict and persecution. But most Filipinos are literally and figuratively removed from the refugee crisis. MullenLowe Philippines understood that in order to maximize the impact of a campaign, something more than a social media campaign or website redo was in order. And so the idea of the UNHome Button was born. It mimics for Filipinos the experience of not being able to go home. MullenLowe helped forge partnerships with local websites and bloggers to transform their home buttons into tools for social change – home is no longer just a click away.
- Mastercard Brings People Together in The “Listening Room” - Published on 02/22/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Creates #TheShowerSong - Published on 02/21/2018
- FCB Canada and Air Canada Show Support for Inclusion and the Olympics - Published on 02/15/2018
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018