UNHCR And MullenLowe Philippines Bring Attention to Refugee Crisis
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Philippines and MullenLowe Philippines launched the UNHome Button - an innovative web browser interruption to make Filipinos more aware of the refugee crisis.
When users click the home button on participating partner sites, they are redirected to a faux “error” page, temporarily preventing them from “going home.” They are given the option to proceed to the home page, or instead, learn more about the refugee crisis and how they can help, at the UNHCR landing page. Partner sites include Cebu Pacific and Elpidio Quirino.
The UNHCR has been working tirelessly to help the millions of refugees who have been displaced by conflict and persecution. But most Filipinos are literally and figuratively removed from the refugee crisis. MullenLowe Philippines understood that in order to maximize the impact of a campaign, something more than a social media campaign or website redo was in order. And so the idea of the UNHome Button was born. It mimics for Filipinos the experience of not being able to go home. MullenLowe helped forge partnerships with local websites and bloggers to transform their home buttons into tools for social change – home is no longer just a click away.
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019