MullenLowe and Ulta Create Moving Breast Cancer Work
MullenLowe and Ulta Beauty created a moving two-minute, breast-cancer PSA to raise funds for research during Breast Cancer month. Copywriter Tara Nelson and Survivor Tracy DeSoto, who appears in and narrates the video, collaborated to create a palindromic voice over that focuses on the fear that a serious illness will alter our appearance — halfway through the work, the voice over reverses its initial message — mirroring how a patient’s outlook can change over the course of her treatment.
"For a survivor, that first haircut is a moment of pride," says Christy Blain, SVP, Group CD at MullenLowe. "It's a symbolic step toward moving forward. It's a moment to feel like herself again. The triumph of that first haircut was a moment that Ulta wanted to elevate to the masses because frankly, it's a moment many people could relate to. Lots of people think a haircut is something that just needs to happen every six weeks. Sometimes we take the simple act of being able to get a haircut for granted."
Throughout October, Ulta urged consumers to share selfies of their best "pink looks" with the hashtag #UltaPinkOver. For each photo, Ulta donated $1 to Breast Cancer Research Foundation, up to $20,000.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019