MullenLowe and Ulta Create Moving Breast Cancer Work
MullenLowe and Ulta Beauty created a moving two-minute, breast-cancer PSA to raise funds for research during Breast Cancer month. Copywriter Tara Nelson and Survivor Tracy DeSoto, who appears in and narrates the video, collaborated to create a palindromic voice over that focuses on the fear that a serious illness will alter our appearance — halfway through the work, the voice over reverses its initial message — mirroring how a patient’s outlook can change over the course of her treatment.
"For a survivor, that first haircut is a moment of pride," says Christy Blain, SVP, Group CD at MullenLowe. "It's a symbolic step toward moving forward. It's a moment to feel like herself again. The triumph of that first haircut was a moment that Ulta wanted to elevate to the masses because frankly, it's a moment many people could relate to. Lots of people think a haircut is something that just needs to happen every six weeks. Sometimes we take the simple act of being able to get a haircut for granted."
Throughout October, Ulta urged consumers to share selfies of their best "pink looks" with the hashtag #UltaPinkOver. For each photo, Ulta donated $1 to Breast Cancer Research Foundation, up to $20,000.
- Mastercard Brings People Together in The “Listening Room” - Published on 02/22/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Creates #TheShowerSong - Published on 02/21/2018
- FCB Canada and Air Canada Show Support for Inclusion and the Olympics - Published on 02/15/2018
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018