MullenLowe and Ulta Create Moving Breast Cancer Work
MullenLowe and Ulta Beauty created a moving two-minute, breast-cancer PSA to raise funds for research during Breast Cancer month. Copywriter Tara Nelson and Survivor Tracy DeSoto, who appears in and narrates the video, collaborated to create a palindromic voice over that focuses on the fear that a serious illness will alter our appearance — halfway through the work, the voice over reverses its initial message — mirroring how a patient’s outlook can change over the course of her treatment.
"For a survivor, that first haircut is a moment of pride," says Christy Blain, SVP, Group CD at MullenLowe. "It's a symbolic step toward moving forward. It's a moment to feel like herself again. The triumph of that first haircut was a moment that Ulta wanted to elevate to the masses because frankly, it's a moment many people could relate to. Lots of people think a haircut is something that just needs to happen every six weeks. Sometimes we take the simple act of being able to get a haircut for granted."
Throughout October, Ulta urged consumers to share selfies of their best "pink looks" with the hashtag #UltaPinkOver. For each photo, Ulta donated $1 to Breast Cancer Research Foundation, up to $20,000.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019