MullenLowe and Ulta Create Moving Breast Cancer Work
MullenLowe and Ulta Beauty created a moving two-minute, breast-cancer PSA to raise funds for research during Breast Cancer month. Copywriter Tara Nelson and Survivor Tracy DeSoto, who appears in and narrates the video, collaborated to create a palindromic voice over that focuses on the fear that a serious illness will alter our appearance — halfway through the work, the voice over reverses its initial message — mirroring how a patient’s outlook can change over the course of her treatment.
"For a survivor, that first haircut is a moment of pride," says Christy Blain, SVP, Group CD at MullenLowe. "It's a symbolic step toward moving forward. It's a moment to feel like herself again. The triumph of that first haircut was a moment that Ulta wanted to elevate to the masses because frankly, it's a moment many people could relate to. Lots of people think a haircut is something that just needs to happen every six weeks. Sometimes we take the simple act of being able to get a haircut for granted."
Throughout October, Ulta urged consumers to share selfies of their best "pink looks" with the hashtag #UltaPinkOver. For each photo, Ulta donated $1 to Breast Cancer Research Foundation, up to $20,000.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019