MullenLowe and Ulta Create Moving Breast Cancer Work
MullenLowe and Ulta Beauty created a moving two-minute, breast-cancer PSA to raise funds for research during Breast Cancer month. Copywriter Tara Nelson and Survivor Tracy DeSoto, who appears in and narrates the video, collaborated to create a palindromic voice over that focuses on the fear that a serious illness will alter our appearance — halfway through the work, the voice over reverses its initial message — mirroring how a patient’s outlook can change over the course of her treatment.
"For a survivor, that first haircut is a moment of pride," says Christy Blain, SVP, Group CD at MullenLowe. "It's a symbolic step toward moving forward. It's a moment to feel like herself again. The triumph of that first haircut was a moment that Ulta wanted to elevate to the masses because frankly, it's a moment many people could relate to. Lots of people think a haircut is something that just needs to happen every six weeks. Sometimes we take the simple act of being able to get a haircut for granted."
Throughout October, Ulta urged consumers to share selfies of their best "pink looks" with the hashtag #UltaPinkOver. For each photo, Ulta donated $1 to Breast Cancer Research Foundation, up to $20,000.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018