Area 23 Fights Child Abuse
Child abuse is an epidemic, with millions of children harmed every year.
Because 91% of abuse cases involve a parent or caretaker Area 23 had to look outside the home for help, to those on the front lines of childcare: school nurses. Unfortunately, even for these trained professionals, it’s difficult to discern between injuries caused by accidents, and those caused by an abusive parent or caretaker. This is reflected by the Department of Health and Human Services Statistics which estimate that 70% of child abuse cases go unreported.
To help nurses remain observant and report all potential abuse cases, the National Association of School Nurses needed a reminder that behind a seemingly innocent accident could lie a terrible truth. To achieve this goal Area 23 created a series of illustrated posters that hung in school nurses’ offices, constantly reinforcing vigilance.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019