FCB Encourages Kids to Read -- Before Using Their Mobile Devices
FCB New Zealand and FCB Mexico partnered to create “ReadOn,” for National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning. The app encourages every child to read, even just a little bit, before they can access their beloved tablets.
Read On is an app that ensures that every time a child turns on his or her tablet or mobile device, instead of seeing the home screen, they see a page of a children’s book. And, in order to get to the home screen, they have to read it. When they’ve finished the page (or more if they choose) they must answer a simple question to fully unlock the device. All the while, parents can monitor the child’s progress – how much they’re reading, how fast, and how long they’re spending on the device.
This app is especially relevant because according to a UNESCO study some children spend up to 4 hours on a tablet or mobile device, but less than one minute reading each day.
See how it's working for one family here or check out a more detailed app demo here.
The app was created by National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning, one of the world’s largest education publishers, and the Mexico and New Zealand offices of FCB. While originally created for the children in Mexico, the app is available worldwide in the Google Play Store.
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018