FCB Encourages Kids to Read -- Before Using Their Mobile Devices
FCB New Zealand and FCB Mexico partnered to create “ReadOn,” for National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning. The app encourages every child to read, even just a little bit, before they can access their beloved tablets.
Read On is an app that ensures that every time a child turns on his or her tablet or mobile device, instead of seeing the home screen, they see a page of a children’s book. And, in order to get to the home screen, they have to read it. When they’ve finished the page (or more if they choose) they must answer a simple question to fully unlock the device. All the while, parents can monitor the child’s progress – how much they’re reading, how fast, and how long they’re spending on the device.
This app is especially relevant because according to a UNESCO study some children spend up to 4 hours on a tablet or mobile device, but less than one minute reading each day.
See how it's working for one family here or check out a more detailed app demo here.
The app was created by National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning, one of the world’s largest education publishers, and the Mexico and New Zealand offices of FCB. While originally created for the children in Mexico, the app is available worldwide in the Google Play Store.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019