FCB Encourages Kids to Read -- Before Using Their Mobile Devices
FCB New Zealand and FCB Mexico partnered to create “ReadOn,” for National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning. The app encourages every child to read, even just a little bit, before they can access their beloved tablets.
Read On is an app that ensures that every time a child turns on his or her tablet or mobile device, instead of seeing the home screen, they see a page of a children’s book. And, in order to get to the home screen, they have to read it. When they’ve finished the page (or more if they choose) they must answer a simple question to fully unlock the device. All the while, parents can monitor the child’s progress – how much they’re reading, how fast, and how long they’re spending on the device.
This app is especially relevant because according to a UNESCO study some children spend up to 4 hours on a tablet or mobile device, but less than one minute reading each day.
See how it's working for one family here or check out a more detailed app demo here.
The app was created by National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning, one of the world’s largest education publishers, and the Mexico and New Zealand offices of FCB. While originally created for the children in Mexico, the app is available worldwide in the Google Play Store.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019