FCB Encourages Kids to Read -- Before Using Their Mobile Devices
FCB New Zealand and FCB Mexico partnered to create “ReadOn,” for National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning. The app encourages every child to read, even just a little bit, before they can access their beloved tablets.
Read On is an app that ensures that every time a child turns on his or her tablet or mobile device, instead of seeing the home screen, they see a page of a children’s book. And, in order to get to the home screen, they have to read it. When they’ve finished the page (or more if they choose) they must answer a simple question to fully unlock the device. All the while, parents can monitor the child’s progress – how much they’re reading, how fast, and how long they’re spending on the device.
This app is especially relevant because according to a UNESCO study some children spend up to 4 hours on a tablet or mobile device, but less than one minute reading each day.
See how it's working for one family here or check out a more detailed app demo here.
The app was created by National Geographic Learning and Cengage Learning, one of the world’s largest education publishers, and the Mexico and New Zealand offices of FCB. While originally created for the children in Mexico, the app is available worldwide in the Google Play Store.
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018
- Checkers & Rally's / Buy Back the Block - Published on 09/07/2018