FCB Africa and NIVEA Protect Kids with SunSlide
Inspired by the success of the NIVEA Dolls initiative last year in Brazil, NIVEA Sun wanted to continue looking for other innovative ways to help parents protect their children from the harmful effects of the sun.
And that’s exactly what its agency, FCB Africa, did. This time in Cape Town, South Africa.
The country’s UV radiation is among the most extreme worldwide. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, each year South Africans have one of the highest rates of melanoma skin cancer in the world.
With that in mind, NIVEA Sun and FCB Cape Town developed the NIVEA SunSlide, a slip ’n slide with sunscreen-dispensing sprayers that transformed the unpleasant “being smeared with sunscreen” experience into hours of fun.
Mike Barnwell, Executive Creative Director at FCB Cape Town, who worked with creatives Jonathan Ollivier and Rowan Foxcroft on the project, explains: “Anyone with kids knows how hard it is to get sunblock on them at the beach.
“So we came up with a custom-made slide that’s designed to spray liters of SPF50+ extra water-resistant NIVEA KIDS sunscreen through hundreds of spray-jet portals, ensuring the entire body is coated in one go.
“Each child received goggles before sliding down, to make sure their eyes were completely protected. The NIVEA SunSlide was a huge success, covering over 100 kids an hour. In the end, plenty of fun was had by all, including a few parents who couldn’t help joining in.”
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019