FCB Africa and NIVEA Protect Kids with SunSlide
Inspired by the success of the NIVEA Dolls initiative last year in Brazil, NIVEA Sun wanted to continue looking for other innovative ways to help parents protect their children from the harmful effects of the sun.
And that’s exactly what its agency, FCB Africa, did. This time in Cape Town, South Africa.
The country’s UV radiation is among the most extreme worldwide. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, each year South Africans have one of the highest rates of melanoma skin cancer in the world.
With that in mind, NIVEA Sun and FCB Cape Town developed the NIVEA SunSlide, a slip ’n slide with sunscreen-dispensing sprayers that transformed the unpleasant “being smeared with sunscreen” experience into hours of fun.
Mike Barnwell, Executive Creative Director at FCB Cape Town, who worked with creatives Jonathan Ollivier and Rowan Foxcroft on the project, explains: “Anyone with kids knows how hard it is to get sunblock on them at the beach.
“So we came up with a custom-made slide that’s designed to spray liters of SPF50+ extra water-resistant NIVEA KIDS sunscreen through hundreds of spray-jet portals, ensuring the entire body is coated in one go.
“Each child received goggles before sliding down, to make sure their eyes were completely protected. The NIVEA SunSlide was a huge success, covering over 100 kids an hour. In the end, plenty of fun was had by all, including a few parents who couldn’t help joining in.”
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018