FCB Africa and NIVEA Protect Kids with SunSlide
Inspired by the success of the NIVEA Dolls initiative last year in Brazil, NIVEA Sun wanted to continue looking for other innovative ways to help parents protect their children from the harmful effects of the sun.
And that’s exactly what its agency, FCB Africa, did. This time in Cape Town, South Africa.
The country’s UV radiation is among the most extreme worldwide. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, each year South Africans have one of the highest rates of melanoma skin cancer in the world.
With that in mind, NIVEA Sun and FCB Cape Town developed the NIVEA SunSlide, a slip ’n slide with sunscreen-dispensing sprayers that transformed the unpleasant “being smeared with sunscreen” experience into hours of fun.
Mike Barnwell, Executive Creative Director at FCB Cape Town, who worked with creatives Jonathan Ollivier and Rowan Foxcroft on the project, explains: “Anyone with kids knows how hard it is to get sunblock on them at the beach.
“So we came up with a custom-made slide that’s designed to spray liters of SPF50+ extra water-resistant NIVEA KIDS sunscreen through hundreds of spray-jet portals, ensuring the entire body is coated in one go.
“Each child received goggles before sliding down, to make sure their eyes were completely protected. The NIVEA SunSlide was a huge success, covering over 100 kids an hour. In the end, plenty of fun was had by all, including a few parents who couldn’t help joining in.”
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018