FCB Africa and NIVEA Protect Kids with SunSlide
Inspired by the success of the NIVEA Dolls initiative last year in Brazil, NIVEA Sun wanted to continue looking for other innovative ways to help parents protect their children from the harmful effects of the sun.
And that’s exactly what its agency, FCB Africa, did. This time in Cape Town, South Africa.
The country’s UV radiation is among the most extreme worldwide. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, each year South Africans have one of the highest rates of melanoma skin cancer in the world.
With that in mind, NIVEA Sun and FCB Cape Town developed the NIVEA SunSlide, a slip ’n slide with sunscreen-dispensing sprayers that transformed the unpleasant “being smeared with sunscreen” experience into hours of fun.
Mike Barnwell, Executive Creative Director at FCB Cape Town, who worked with creatives Jonathan Ollivier and Rowan Foxcroft on the project, explains: “Anyone with kids knows how hard it is to get sunblock on them at the beach.
“So we came up with a custom-made slide that’s designed to spray liters of SPF50+ extra water-resistant NIVEA KIDS sunscreen through hundreds of spray-jet portals, ensuring the entire body is coated in one go.
“Each child received goggles before sliding down, to make sure their eyes were completely protected. The NIVEA SunSlide was a huge success, covering over 100 kids an hour. In the end, plenty of fun was had by all, including a few parents who couldn’t help joining in.”
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018