FCB Africa and NIVEA Protect Kids with SunSlide
Inspired by the success of the NIVEA Dolls initiative last year in Brazil, NIVEA Sun wanted to continue looking for other innovative ways to help parents protect their children from the harmful effects of the sun.
And that’s exactly what its agency, FCB Africa, did. This time in Cape Town, South Africa.
The country’s UV radiation is among the most extreme worldwide. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, each year South Africans have one of the highest rates of melanoma skin cancer in the world.
With that in mind, NIVEA Sun and FCB Cape Town developed the NIVEA SunSlide, a slip ’n slide with sunscreen-dispensing sprayers that transformed the unpleasant “being smeared with sunscreen” experience into hours of fun.
Mike Barnwell, Executive Creative Director at FCB Cape Town, who worked with creatives Jonathan Ollivier and Rowan Foxcroft on the project, explains: “Anyone with kids knows how hard it is to get sunblock on them at the beach.
“So we came up with a custom-made slide that’s designed to spray liters of SPF50+ extra water-resistant NIVEA KIDS sunscreen through hundreds of spray-jet portals, ensuring the entire body is coated in one go.
“Each child received goggles before sliding down, to make sure their eyes were completely protected. The NIVEA SunSlide was a huge success, covering over 100 kids an hour. In the end, plenty of fun was had by all, including a few parents who couldn’t help joining in.”
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019
- Party City "The Children Are Coming" - Published on 03/11/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Ancestry Connect Strangers Via Underground Railroad Connections - Published on 03/07/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019