IPG Speaks Out on Tolerance, Diversity and the Tragedy in Orlando
Michael Roth issued the following note to the IPG community on June 13, 2016.
To the IPG Network:
Our hearts go out to all those affected by the atrocity that took place in Orlando, Florida. Around the world, people are trying to come to terms with this horrific event – the worst mass shooting on U.S. soil and one that was perpetrated against both the LGBT and Latino communities.
While the work of law enforcement will take time and there is much that is not known about this criminal act, what we do know is that the tragedy in Florida is also our tragedy. Because we strive to make IPG a company where every race, creed, sexuality and gender is embraced and is valued equally.
Our industry excels at telling stories that showcase and connect with our humanity – which is the common thread that can create dialogue and ultimately bond us, especially when fear and ignorance seem stronger. This morning, we cannot help but think of “Love Has No Labels,” the Ad Council campaign produced with R/GA. It was one of the seminal campaigns of last year, which spoke to the power of inclusion and love. It’s work that we are proud to feature in the lobby of our headquarters office. Just as we are proud today to make a contribution to Equality Florida, the state’s largest LGBT advocacy group, to show support to an organization that is directly helping the communities affected by the tragedy in Orlando. What’s more, IPG employees have been invited to show our support by joining the Ad Council and the “Love Has No Labels” parade float at the Gay Pride March in New York on Sunday, June 26th.
Let’s keep working to make sure we remind the world that hate cannot win.
IPG agencies have produced many campaigns focusing on tolerance and eradicating discrimination of all kinds. Notable recent campaigns featured on STRONGER include MullenLowe's Ball for All, McCann's I Am My Veil and Blood Equality from FCB Health. Tomorrow, in honor of World Blood Donor Day, FCB Health will be part of a press conference at New York's City Hall to bring attention to the stigma surrounding blood donations.
Please email Jemma Gould if your agency is doing work in this area and you would like to share it with the IPG community.
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018