McCann Lima Devises Creative Solution to Blood Donor Shortage
Peru faces a serious problem when it comes to its blood donation database: the country, whose population is 30 million people, has only 1250 registered donors, according to the Red Cross.
McCann Lima found a very easy and simple way for people to publicly register themselves as donors and help the Red Cross in saving lives: a hashtag.
Named “Donate a hashtag,” the campaign invites people to get into their Twitter and Instagram accounts, and write down a hashtag with their blood type followed by the word Perú. An app created by the agency compiles all posts with this kind of hashtag, thereby creating a huge database that can easily be accessed and browsed through by the Red Cross when a specific type of blood is needed.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018