McCann Lima Devises Creative Solution to Blood Donor Shortage
Peru faces a serious problem when it comes to its blood donation database: the country, whose population is 30 million people, has only 1250 registered donors, according to the Red Cross.
McCann Lima found a very easy and simple way for people to publicly register themselves as donors and help the Red Cross in saving lives: a hashtag.
Named “Donate a hashtag,” the campaign invites people to get into their Twitter and Instagram accounts, and write down a hashtag with their blood type followed by the word Perú. An app created by the agency compiles all posts with this kind of hashtag, thereby creating a huge database that can easily be accessed and browsed through by the Red Cross when a specific type of blood is needed.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019