McCann Lima Devises Creative Solution to Blood Donor Shortage
Peru faces a serious problem when it comes to its blood donation database: the country, whose population is 30 million people, has only 1250 registered donors, according to the Red Cross.
McCann Lima found a very easy and simple way for people to publicly register themselves as donors and help the Red Cross in saving lives: a hashtag.
Named “Donate a hashtag,” the campaign invites people to get into their Twitter and Instagram accounts, and write down a hashtag with their blood type followed by the word Perú. An app created by the agency compiles all posts with this kind of hashtag, thereby creating a huge database that can easily be accessed and browsed through by the Red Cross when a specific type of blood is needed.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019