McCann Lima Devises Creative Solution to Blood Donor Shortage
Peru faces a serious problem when it comes to its blood donation database: the country, whose population is 30 million people, has only 1250 registered donors, according to the Red Cross.
McCann Lima found a very easy and simple way for people to publicly register themselves as donors and help the Red Cross in saving lives: a hashtag.
Named “Donate a hashtag,” the campaign invites people to get into their Twitter and Instagram accounts, and write down a hashtag with their blood type followed by the word Perú. An app created by the agency compiles all posts with this kind of hashtag, thereby creating a huge database that can easily be accessed and browsed through by the Red Cross when a specific type of blood is needed.
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018