The Martin Agency Supports Rowing and Fresh Water Around the World
The Martin Agency is working with a consortium of organizations including World Rowing (FISA) and WWF, the World Wide Fund for Nature to support rowing and fresh water around the world. These organizations began an alliance in 2011 to use the sport of rowing to educate and raise awareness about fresh water.
In 2015, the alliance announced a mission to take action and make a tangible, positive and sustainable contribution to solve some of the global freshwater issues that threaten our planet. The lower basin of the Kafue River in Zambia was identified as a place in which the confluence of water pressures and multiple problems such as damming and industrial, agricultural and urban pollution, represent most of the challenges to water that are faced around the world. The result is The Kafue River & Rowing Centre, an extraordinary multi-purpose facility on the banks of the Kafue for world-class water management research, stakeholder meetings and rowing.
Freshwater researchers from around the world will use the Centre to conduct research, study problems, find solutions, and share their results. And Zambia will have a high quality center to develop the sport of rowing. Research will be shared openly via an interactive website, thus benefiting the world as a whole. The Centre in effect will become a delta, distributing the output and benefits of the project to the wider world and inspiring others to create change in their own communities.
The Martin Agency is working on design, brand identity communications and fundraising, and has developed messaging around the tagline, “because to help the Kafue is to help the world.”
Money raised thus far for the Rowing Centre has helped raise enough funds to purchase the necessary land in Kafue and to begin design of the Centre plus initial construction.
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018