McCann and the Ad Council Create PSA to Help End Children’s Hunger
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), one in five children in America struggle with hunger. And research shows that these children may be more likely to repeat a grade in elementary school; experience developmental impairments in areas like language and motor skills; or have more social and behavioral problems.
Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger-relief organization, partnered with the Ad Council and McCann New York to launch a PSA designed to raise awareness about child hunger in the US. The PSA asks Americans to help children facing hunger by supporting the Feeding America nationwide network of food banks.
The new PSAs are an extension of the Hunger Prevention campaign, first launched by Feeding America and the Ad Council in 2008, and coincide with the launch of Feeding America’s largest annual awareness campaign – Hunger Action Month. The work was done pro bono by McCann New York, and feature the voice of Julianne Moore. The ads encourage audiences to visit www.FeedingAmerica.org/psa where they can take action to support children facing hunger.
"Every day we get to do things that help our clients reach their goals. But it's not often that a client asks us to help solve a world problem like ending childhood hunger in the US. We are humbled and grateful to be part of Feeding America's great work and proud to help the Ad Council address the most important issues of our time," said Grant Smith, Executive Creative Director of McCann New York.
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019
- Party City "The Children Are Coming" - Published on 03/11/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Ancestry Connect Strangers Via Underground Railroad Connections - Published on 03/07/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019