IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network Appoints Darla Price as National Chair
IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) announced today the appointment of Darla Price as its new National Chair, effective immediately. She will be supported by WLN Executive Sponsors Andrew Bonzani and Ellen Johnson. Darla succeeds long-time WLN Co-chairs Ranny Copper and Sheri Baron.
Price is SVP, Group Account Director at m:united//McCann New York, where she leads the Microsoft Surface & Windows businesses.
Early in her career, Darla launched digital platforms such as the first Yoplait Trix Yogurt digital premium for kids and an anti-bullying campaign for the National Crime Prevention Council (home of McGruff the Crimedog) in a philanthropic partnership with Google. She then oversaw the Meals Division for General Mills at Saatchi & Saatchi and staged new campaigns for brands like Green Giant, Old El Paso and Progresso. She later continued her global brand building in Singapore and India and did work across P&G’s Head&Shoulders, Pampers and Olay.
“My hope is to work with other passionate women to reinvigorate WLN programming and bring together female leaders for learning and career opportunities,” said Darla. “I’m incredibly excited about what this organization can do and the wonderful women who will be a part it. The Board of Directors and I will put together programs for women at all levels and stages in their career for a more holistic approach to how we can help our new female leaders grow and advance within their organizations, as well as provide insight to more senior female leaders,” continued Price.
Darla is currently building a National Board of Directors and Advisory Board to help steer the organization.
In 2006, a handful of IPG women set out to connect with colleagues and create a supportive and active network to increase opportunities for women at all levels across the network. IPG launched the WLN to help attract, retain and develop top women talent. Since then, the organization has grown and evolved, but the ideas at the core remain the same - ensuring that IPG is among the world’s most diverse and inclusive companies. Which of course includes ensuring that women are not only represented at entry levels of our company, or at mid-management positions, but also at the most senior levels of our company.
Darla has a passion for helping young people be successful in advertising. A graduate of Temple University in Philadelphia, she helped create “The Big Pitch” program (winner of an AAF Mosaic Award) at BrownPartners, a Philadelphia-based ad agency. The program introduced inner city kids to advertising to help empower the next generation of young professionals. She’s also an active member of the AAAA’s MAIP Webinar program, which helps interns prepare for jobs in the industry.
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018
- Checkers & Rally's / Buy Back the Block - Published on 09/07/2018