MullenLowe Works to Increase Diversity of Blood Donors
More people from Black and Asian communities are needed to donate blood and register as organ donors. Less than 3% of people who have given blood in England in the last 12 months come from those communities. And, individuals from these communities are more likely to have rarer blood types and conditions like Sickle Cell Disease, which require regular blood transfusions. Blood from donors with a similar ethnic background gives the best match and outcomes in the long term.
The film features UK grime artist Lady Leshurr and showcases some leading UK celebrities including record breaking Olympian Nicola Adams MBE, TV presenter and wheelchair basketball plater Ade Adepitan, Chuka Umunna MP and MOBO’s own Founder and CEO Kanya King MBE. Lady Leshurr encourages and inspires with her “Represent” rap and calls out “We all gotta take some time to make it right. We gotta take some time, give blood, save a life.”
Nadine Eaton, Head of National Campaigns for Blood Donation at NHS Blood and Transplant, comments: “With the UK population becoming increasing diverse, and yet only 3% of our current blood donors being of Black or Asian heritage, there is a real need for us to inspire more people from these communities, especially the younger generations, to give blood. We hope by partnering with the MOBO Awards and engaging with key role models and influencers from within the BAME community we can highlight the importance of blood donation and motivate more people from these communities to book an appointment and help save lives.”
Richard Denney, MullenLowe London ECD comments: “When you see a statistic as shocking as the one in this film our job becomes clear. It’s not just to advertise our clients, but to use creativity to reach a community that aren’t otherwise engaged and inspire them, with the simple act of registering and giving blood, to save lives.”
The online film will be supported by a social campaign partnership between NHS Blood and Transplant and the MOBO Awards.
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018