McCann Torre Lazur Builds Awareness of Smoking Blindness
McCann Torre Lazur created #SmokingBlind, an anti-smoking campaign focused on the fact that smoking can lead to a permanent loss of sight. Many people are unaware that they could permanently lose their eyesight due to smoking. In fact, next to aging, smoking is the number 1 risk factor for irreversible vision loss and legal blindness known as macular degeneration. 76% of Americans don’t know about this link and research has shown that fear of blindness is a compelling motivation for smoking cessation.
McCann Torre Lazur created an experience engaging smokers and putting them eye-to-eye with the truth. With an iconic cigarette machine, smokers unknowingly made purchases only to discover the “packs” were covered with braille lettering. Inside each pack were experiential glasses that gave the sense of blindness that will claim the sight of more than 1 in 3 people.
The agency held 2 live events where smokers engaged with the cigarette machine and experiential glasses. They have created a website and have built a social media awareness campaign using the hashtag #smokingblind.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019