McCann Torre Lazur Builds Awareness of Smoking Blindness
McCann Torre Lazur created #SmokingBlind, an anti-smoking campaign focused on the fact that smoking can lead to a permanent loss of sight. Many people are unaware that they could permanently lose their eyesight due to smoking. In fact, next to aging, smoking is the number 1 risk factor for irreversible vision loss and legal blindness known as macular degeneration. 76% of Americans don’t know about this link and research has shown that fear of blindness is a compelling motivation for smoking cessation.
McCann Torre Lazur created an experience engaging smokers and putting them eye-to-eye with the truth. With an iconic cigarette machine, smokers unknowingly made purchases only to discover the “packs” were covered with braille lettering. Inside each pack were experiential glasses that gave the sense of blindness that will claim the sight of more than 1 in 3 people.
The agency held 2 live events where smokers engaged with the cigarette machine and experiential glasses. They have created a website and have built a social media awareness campaign using the hashtag #smokingblind.
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019