McCann Torre Lazur Builds Awareness of Smoking Blindness
McCann Torre Lazur created #SmokingBlind, an anti-smoking campaign focused on the fact that smoking can lead to a permanent loss of sight. Many people are unaware that they could permanently lose their eyesight due to smoking. In fact, next to aging, smoking is the number 1 risk factor for irreversible vision loss and legal blindness known as macular degeneration. 76% of Americans don’t know about this link and research has shown that fear of blindness is a compelling motivation for smoking cessation.
McCann Torre Lazur created an experience engaging smokers and putting them eye-to-eye with the truth. With an iconic cigarette machine, smokers unknowingly made purchases only to discover the “packs” were covered with braille lettering. Inside each pack were experiential glasses that gave the sense of blindness that will claim the sight of more than 1 in 3 people.
The agency held 2 live events where smokers engaged with the cigarette machine and experiential glasses. They have created a website and have built a social media awareness campaign using the hashtag #smokingblind.
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019
- Party City "The Children Are Coming" - Published on 03/11/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Ancestry Connect Strangers Via Underground Railroad Connections - Published on 03/07/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019