McCann Torre Lazur Builds Awareness of Smoking Blindness
McCann Torre Lazur created #SmokingBlind, an anti-smoking campaign focused on the fact that smoking can lead to a permanent loss of sight. Many people are unaware that they could permanently lose their eyesight due to smoking. In fact, next to aging, smoking is the number 1 risk factor for irreversible vision loss and legal blindness known as macular degeneration. 76% of Americans don’t know about this link and research has shown that fear of blindness is a compelling motivation for smoking cessation.
McCann Torre Lazur created an experience engaging smokers and putting them eye-to-eye with the truth. With an iconic cigarette machine, smokers unknowingly made purchases only to discover the “packs” were covered with braille lettering. Inside each pack were experiential glasses that gave the sense of blindness that will claim the sight of more than 1 in 3 people.
The agency held 2 live events where smokers engaged with the cigarette machine and experiential glasses. They have created a website and have built a social media awareness campaign using the hashtag #smokingblind.
- ADVANTAGE & HYUNDAI ARE ROLLING AGAIN WITH THE NFL ROOKIES - Published on 04/20/2018
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018