R/GA Produces Interactive Video and Raises Funds for Leukemia
The "Through the Dark" music video is a collaboration between Australian hip-hop act The Hilltop Hoods, Google Play Music and R/GA Sydney. A fully interactive music video, it pushes mobile capabilities to their limit to capture the sense of a world turned upside down, as experienced by band member Dan Smith (MC Pressure) when his son underwent treatment for leukemia.
Two 3D environments were rendered entirely in code – one dark to represent fear, the other light to represent hope – enabling users to navigate a path through both worlds, creating their own version of the story by rotating and tilting phones. Users can then follow a link at the conclusion of the film and hear the album in full via Google Play, in the process generating a $1 donation to CanTeen - a charity supporting young Australians living with cancer.
Through this work, a moving personal journey became a powerful digital experience that fans could share in while contributing to a cause close to the artist's heart.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019