R/GA Produces Interactive Video and Raises Funds for Leukemia
The "Through the Dark" music video is a collaboration between Australian hip-hop act The Hilltop Hoods, Google Play Music and R/GA Sydney. A fully interactive music video, it pushes mobile capabilities to their limit to capture the sense of a world turned upside down, as experienced by band member Dan Smith (MC Pressure) when his son underwent treatment for leukemia.
Two 3D environments were rendered entirely in code – one dark to represent fear, the other light to represent hope – enabling users to navigate a path through both worlds, creating their own version of the story by rotating and tilting phones. Users can then follow a link at the conclusion of the film and hear the album in full via Google Play, in the process generating a $1 donation to CanTeen - a charity supporting young Australians living with cancer.
Through this work, a moving personal journey became a powerful digital experience that fans could share in while contributing to a cause close to the artist's heart.
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019
- Party City "The Children Are Coming" - Published on 03/11/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Ancestry Connect Strangers Via Underground Railroad Connections - Published on 03/07/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019