R/GA Produces Interactive Video and Raises Funds for Leukemia
The "Through the Dark" music video is a collaboration between Australian hip-hop act The Hilltop Hoods, Google Play Music and R/GA Sydney. A fully interactive music video, it pushes mobile capabilities to their limit to capture the sense of a world turned upside down, as experienced by band member Dan Smith (MC Pressure) when his son underwent treatment for leukemia.
Two 3D environments were rendered entirely in code – one dark to represent fear, the other light to represent hope – enabling users to navigate a path through both worlds, creating their own version of the story by rotating and tilting phones. Users can then follow a link at the conclusion of the film and hear the album in full via Google Play, in the process generating a $1 donation to CanTeen - a charity supporting young Australians living with cancer.
Through this work, a moving personal journey became a powerful digital experience that fans could share in while contributing to a cause close to the artist's heart.
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018