R/GA Produces Interactive Video and Raises Funds for Leukemia
The "Through the Dark" music video is a collaboration between Australian hip-hop act The Hilltop Hoods, Google Play Music and R/GA Sydney. A fully interactive music video, it pushes mobile capabilities to their limit to capture the sense of a world turned upside down, as experienced by band member Dan Smith (MC Pressure) when his son underwent treatment for leukemia.
Two 3D environments were rendered entirely in code – one dark to represent fear, the other light to represent hope – enabling users to navigate a path through both worlds, creating their own version of the story by rotating and tilting phones. Users can then follow a link at the conclusion of the film and hear the album in full via Google Play, in the process generating a $1 donation to CanTeen - a charity supporting young Australians living with cancer.
Through this work, a moving personal journey became a powerful digital experience that fans could share in while contributing to a cause close to the artist's heart.
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018