R/GA Produces Interactive Video and Raises Funds for Leukemia
The "Through the Dark" music video is a collaboration between Australian hip-hop act The Hilltop Hoods, Google Play Music and R/GA Sydney. A fully interactive music video, it pushes mobile capabilities to their limit to capture the sense of a world turned upside down, as experienced by band member Dan Smith (MC Pressure) when his son underwent treatment for leukemia.
Two 3D environments were rendered entirely in code – one dark to represent fear, the other light to represent hope – enabling users to navigate a path through both worlds, creating their own version of the story by rotating and tilting phones. Users can then follow a link at the conclusion of the film and hear the album in full via Google Play, in the process generating a $1 donation to CanTeen - a charity supporting young Australians living with cancer.
Through this work, a moving personal journey became a powerful digital experience that fans could share in while contributing to a cause close to the artist's heart.
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019