IPG Receives Perfect Score on HRC Corporate Equality Index for LGBT Workplace Equality
IPG has once again received a perfect score of 100 percent on the Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBT workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRC). This marks the eighth year IPG has received a perfect score. IPG also received the distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by HRC.
“The single most important factor in our company’s success is talent. And our talent is drawn from people of varying ages, backgrounds, cultures, faiths, genders, nationalities, physical abilities, political affiliations, races, and sexual orientations – to name but a few of the qualities that make each of us unique. At IPG, we encourage, protect and celebrate this diversity,” commented Michael Roth, Chairman and CEO of IPG. “This honor is a significant recognition of our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Outside recognition from leading organizations like the Human Rights Campaign lets us know that we are on the right path of becoming one of the world’s most inclusive companies,” he continued.
The 2017 CEI rated 1,043 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBT-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBT community. IPG’s efforts in satisfying all of the CEI’s criteria results in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality.
The IPGLBT is IPG’s business resource group for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender employees. It ensures that LGBT employees, consumers and their allies have relevance within IPG, our operating companies, and the work we do for our clients. Throughout the year, IPGLBT hosts networking events and programming. Recent initiatives have included participation in New York City’s annual Pride March and PrideFest, hosting “Spotlight,” a program for Pride Month that invited IPG agencies to display their exceptional creative work in the LGBT space, and offering Lunch-n-Learn programs including a panel on International Transgender Visibility Day, "In Her Words – The Asian Woman’s Story: Hear Her. See Her. Know Her."
The IPGLBT is one of five business resource groups at IPG, which also include the Asian Heritage Group, the Black Employee Network (BEN), SOMOS: the Hispanic/Latino Heritage Group and the Women's Leadership Network (WLN).
For more information on the 2017 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, please visit http://www.hrc.org/cei.
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018
- Checkers & Rally's / Buy Back the Block - Published on 09/07/2018