Global Reporting Initiative Reports
Report the primary activities, brands, products and services
IPG operates in all major world markets – our companies specialize in consumer advertising, digital marketing, communications planning and media buying, public relations and specialized communications disciplines.
We are one of the world’s premier global advertising and marketing services companies. Through our 54,000 employees in all major world markets, our companies specialize in consumer advertising, digital marketing, communications planning and media buying, public relations and specialized communications disciplines. Our agencies create customized marketing programs for clients that range in scale from large global marketers to regional and local clients. Comprehensive global services are critical to effectively serve our multinational and local clients in markets throughout the world as they seek to build brands, increase sales of their products and services, and gain market share.
The work we produce for our clients is specific to their unique needs. Our solutions vary from project-based activity involving one agency to long-term, fully integrated campaigns created by multiple IPG agencies working together. With offices in over 110 countries, we can operate in a single region or deliver global integrated programs.
The role of our holding company is to provide resources and support to ensure that our agencies can best meet clients’ needs. Based in New York City, our holding company sets company-wide financial objectives and corporate strategy, establishes financial management and operational controls, guides personnel policy, directs collaborative inter-agency programs, conducts investor relations, manages corporate social responsibility programs, provides enterprise risk management and oversees mergers and acquisitions. In addition, we provide certain centralized functional services that offer our companies operational efficiencies, including accounting and finance, executive compensation management and recruitment assistance, employee benefits, marketing information retrieval and analysis, internal audit, legal services, real estate expertise and travel services.
Interpublic is home to some of the world’s best-known and most innovative communications specialists. We have three global networks: McCann Worldgroup, Foote, Cone & Belding (“FCB”) and MullenLowe Group, which provide integrated, large-scale advertising and marketing solutions for clients. Our global media services companies include UM and Initiative, which operate under the IPG Mediabrands umbrella. We also have a range of best-in-class global specialized communications assets as well as premier domestic integrated and digital agencies that are industry leaders.
- McCann Worldgroup is a leading global marketing solutions network united across more than 100 countries by a single vision: to help brands play a meaningful role in people’s lives. The network, ranked by the 2018 Global Effie Index as the world’s most creatively effective network in the world, is comprised of agencies that emphasize creativity, innovation and performance. Agencies aligned with McCann Worldgroup to deliver fully integrated solutions include: McCann (advertising), MRM//McCann (digital marketing/relationship management), Momentum Worldwide (total brand experience), McCann Health (professional/dtc communications), CRAFT (production), PMK-BNC (entertainment/brand/popular culture), Weber Shandwick (public relations) and FutureBrand (consulting/design).
- FCB is a global marketing communications company. Based on an understanding of diversified markets and cultures, FCB focuses on creating “Never Finished” ideas for clients that reflect each brand’s past and anticipate its future. FCB also offers a range of best-in-class, integrated and specialist marketing capabilities: FCB Health, one of the world’s most awarded healthcare marketing networks; shopper-first agency FCB/RED; design agency Chute Gerdeman; experiential agency FCBX; production studios Lord + Thomas and FuelContent; CRM agency FCB/SIX; and digital agencies New Honor Society and HelloComputer.
- MullenLowe Group is a creatively driven integrated marketing communications network with a strong entrepreneurial heritage and challenger mentality. A global creative boutique of distinctive diverse agencies, MullenLowe Group is present in more than 65 markets. With a hyperbundled-operating model, global specialties include expertise in brand strategy, and through-the-line advertising with MullenLowe; digital transformation with MullenLowe Profero; media and communications planning and buying with MullenLowe Mediahub; customer experience activation with MullenLowe Open; and consumer and corporate PR with MullenLowe PR and MullenLowe salt. The group is focused on delivering an “Unfair Share of Attention” for clients and is consistently ranked among the most awarded creative and effective agency networks in the world, and in 2018 was named to the Ad Age Agency A-List.
- IPG Mediabrands, the global media and data arm of IPG, manages tens of billions of dollars in marketing investment on behalf of its clients, employing over 12,000 marketing communication specialists in over 100 countries. The agency group delivers business results for clients by providing strategic counsel and advisory services to navigate the fast-evolving consumer and media landscape. These solutions are developed and executed through integrated, data-driven marketing strategies. Full-service and global agencies within the IPG Mediabrands network include UM and Initiative. Additional leading brands and specialist business units include Cadreon, Healix, IPG Media Lab, MAGNA, Orion Holdings, Rapport and Reprise.
- We also have exceptional global marketing specialists across a range of disciplines. Our industry-leading public relations agencies such as Weber Shandwick, Golin, DeVries Global, Axis, Creation and Current Marketing have expertise in every significant area of communication management. Jack Morton is a global brand experience agency, and FutureBrand is a leading brand consultancy. Octagon is a global sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing agency. Our digital specialist agencies, led by R/GA, Huge and MRM//McCann, are among the industry’s most award-winning digital agencies. Our premier healthcare communications specialists reside within our global creative networks.
- Our domestic integrated independent agencies include some of advertising’s most recognizable and storied agency brands, including Carmichael Lynch, Deutsch, Hill Holliday and The Martin Agency. The marketing programs created by these agencies incorporate all media channels, CRM, public relations and other marketing activities and have helped build some of the most powerful brands in the U.S., across all sectors and industries.
- Acxiom, which IPG acquired in 2018, provides the data foundation for many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated marketers. Acxiom’s solutions help clients organize, cleanse and store data in a secure and compliant fashion and will substantially enhance our ability to provide marketing insights and actions to our clients.
We list approximately 100 of our companies on our website under the “Our Companies” section, with descriptions, case studies, social media channels and office locations for each. To learn more about our broad range of capabilities, visit our website at www.interpublic.com.