This report from MAGNA focuses on how advertisers can empower Black audiences — the heaviest consumers of media in most categories — and address continuing problems with representation with key insights to consider, such as:
- Include Black people in all creative – advertising and otherwise – as representation problems persist, because the link between presence and performance is tangible.
- Across video, audio, social, and gaming, Black audiences are both heavy and influential users.
- Black consumers will often go out of their way to support diverse-owned media outlets.
- Work with Black-owned media companies and Black creators to ensure that your brand shows up authentically.
- Use your brand voice in advertising and owned channels to support Black voices and creators online.
- Support Black audiences as they tell their own story of resilience and change.
- Advertisers who embrace inclusivity will likely be rewarded with loyal customers.